Complaint Review: HC Processing Center - The Help Card - Dent-A-Med

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007

• Reported By:Fayetteville Arkansas
HC Processing Center - The Help Card - Dent-A-Med
208 E. Emma Ave. Springdale, Arkansas U.S.A.

HC Processing Center - The Help Card - Dent-A-Med Violates FDCPA ripoff Springdale Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: Another VICTIM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Collection employees are told to do everything the wrong way

The VP of Collections, is well versed on the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and knows how to circumvent it as well. He instructs his collectors to "be creative" when notating accounts in order to violate the law without documenting it. He even gives examples of how to violate the FDCPA! If a debtor asks you not to call, then you MUST, by law, cease all oral communication &/or verbal collection attempts.

This is NOT the case with The HELPcard. The bottom line is money and the CFO turns a blind eye and a deaf ear to violations. He is happy with Collections so long as the bucks come in. And they do come in, mostly due to the tactics of unscrupulous &/or untrained people acting as collectors. Several professional collectors (including myself) have asked to be transferred to other departments within the company because we thought the company was inherently good but Collections was led by a rotten apple.

The old adage "the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree" is true with this company. The tree (The HELPcard) is rotten, and so is the fruit (Collections). I have intentionally refrained from using the names of those in power because I fear retaliation. I have experienced it first-hand in the past, and don't want to be dragged into a defamation of character lawsuit; I have overheard those threats before.

The HELPcard has vey deep pockets, and I do not. Each day I read the newspaper with the expectation that charges will be brought against The HELPcard. That hasn't happened yet, but I predict it will if the company continually violates the FDCPA so blatantly.

Sammy The Bull
Tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2004 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HC-Processing-Center-The-Help-Card-Dent-A-Med/Springdale-Arkansas-72764/HC-Processing-Center-The-Help-Card-Dent-A-Med-Violates-FDCPA-ripoff-Springdale-Arkansa-116231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HC Processing Center - The Help Card - Dent-A-Med

Another VICTIM

AUTHOR: Kelly Martin - (U.S.A.)

If you have been a victim of this company please write a report. I have multiple concerns about this company and feel strongly that they need to be stopped. Please contribute to the solution of this problem by filing a complaint.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Collection employees are told to do everything the wrong way

AUTHOR: I Am Who I Am - (U.S.A.)

I totally agree. I used to work for this company. Sammy the Bull has everything right. Collection employees are told to do everything the wrong way. I lost track of the people that I called who had previously said "do not call me back". And after noting the accounts to this affect, the notes would later disappear. The VP of Collections is a very strange man. He seems to think that his word is law. And I guess in the collection department, it is true. The other areas of the company are run correctly. But not the collection department. And last I heard, there are 3 supv in this department. One other thing, when a cardholder asks for a supv, the collector will put someone on the phone other than a supv.

When I think of more I will post it.