• Report: #919461

• Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By: Sjenna — Portland Oregon United States of America
HC Processing Center
PO Box 829; Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

HC Processing Center HC Credit, HelpCard, HCP uses unfair practices and will take advantage if you are late on a payment by loading on outrageous fees until you owe 4 times what your orginal loan was. Springdale, Arkansas

I was accepted by HC Processing in 2006 to purchase a new bed. They offered to give me free shipping if I gave up my 90 day trial period. I accepted and 30 days later ended up in the hospital with an injured back. I was laid up for 3 months trying to recover and missed a payment. Immediately HCP hit me with late fees which put my account over the limit so they also tacked on over-the-limit fees and hiked my interest rate through the roof. Naturally I got behind and things s****.>
They reported my account to all three credit bureaus as charged off despite that I have been paying on it for 6 years, though I have had 5 delinquencies during that time period. A recent call revealed they won't change that status but will, once the debt is completely paid off, report to all three credit bureaus that I have a zero balance; which won't change a single thing because that is already noted on all my credit reports. I have several other current charge accounts listed on my credit reports that are all in good standing but because HCP won't change my charge-off status I have been refused credit.

I originally owed $1,400 and after paying over $2,000 for 6 years I still owe this company over $2,000. I have asked for a list of my payments and charges but have received nothing so I  have no idea what fees they are charging me now. They simply send me a letter every month stating the amount they will deduct from my checking account.

If you value your sanity, good credit and peace of mind - DO NOT deal with HC Processing Center, HC Credit, The HelpCard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 02:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HC-Processing-Center/Springdale-Arkansas-72765-0829/HC-Processing-Center-HC-Credit-HelpCard-HCP-uses-unfair-practices-and-will-take-advantag-919461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HC Processing Center