Complaint Review: HC Processing Center

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: kaiyha71 — Summerville South Carolina United States of America
HC Processing Center
PO Box 829 Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

HC Processing Center a vicious circle and an unending nightmare! Springdale Arkansas

I started a contract with HC Processing in 2008.  Unfortunately I didn't realize that my payment was not due on a certain date, (i.e. the 11th of each month) but it was in fact something like the second Wednesday.  Consequently I was late on a payment and, like you, my interest rate went through the roof.  After calling to talk to them they told me essentially tough and my payment went up substantially.  I have continued to pay them each month even though my husband being out of work.  There were a few late payments due to our financial hardship but they were unwilling to wave the fees.

So, after 4 years of paying them I owe them more today than I did when I bought the darn treadmill!  They are quick about reporting to the credit bureaus and my credit has taken a real hit.  My place of employment recently had a plant wide shut down and I was out of work for 6 weeks.  I called and told them I could not make the payment and I was sent straight to collections.

The woman who had my account was rude, combative, and threatening.  I asked her not to call me again and then asked to be transferred to her supervisor.  I asked him to have my account transferred to another employee.  He and I made an arrangement that he could lower my interest rate and take care of the past due amount.  Within a few days the same woman called me again.  Again she was rude and hostile and again I asked her to transfer me to her supervisor.  He told me I now owed right around $150 in fees....fees he said before they would waive.  I told him I could not pay them right away and I would make the monthly payment he and I had discussed and pay extra if at all possible...and to PLEASE not have that woman call me again.  He told me she had my account and I asked him, again, to transfer it because I could not work with her.

She still calls me, 1-2 times a week even after having made the arrangements with the supervisor.  I
refuse to answer the phone anymore.  I have called the supervisor several times and only managed to talk to him once.  Each time I ask him to have her stop calling me, that I am willing to work with him but not his hostile employee.  This week I received a bill for almost $300, late fees on the late fees he was supposed to have waived.  My credit is crap compared to what it was when I started with them, I owe more today than when I started, they refuse to have a hostile employee stop harassing me, and they don't honor their agreements.  I will not give this company any more of my money directly.  They will have to turn me over to a collection company.  They can't hurt my credit anymore than they already have and I know I will be able to negotiate with a collection agency.  If you are thinking about getting a loan through these people DON'T!  Even my ex-husband hasn't haunted me this much!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HC-Processing-Center/Springdale-Arkansas-72765/HC-Processing-Center-a-vicious-circle-and-an-unending-nightmare-Springdale-Arkansas-933544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HC Processing Center