- Report: #307864
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: HCCUA
HCCUAwww.hccua.org Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
HCCUA Aka Health Care Credit Union Association Something fishy about all of this! Atlanta Georgia
*UPDATE Employee: Response to Cat
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This plan says that for Doctor's office visit, they "are payable at $75 per Covered Person per Doctor's Office Visit up to a Calendar Year maximum of $300." That means that you can only visit four times a year. It does say, under, Preventive Care, "Routine exams, medical treatment, and wellness injections are payable at $75 per Covered Person per visit up to a Calendar Year of $150." That means that you can only have two services done.
As far as I'm concerned, that's a total of $450 which is the equivalent of two month's premiums. Yes, the plan does cover other things, but they all seem to be like the aforementioned. The thing that are bothering me, and after reading the other entries regarding HCCUA on this website, are as follows:
1. Before deciding if I would go forward with this insurance, I asked for the website's address to go and check out what doctor's are on the plan, I was discouraged from checking it out. The person that helped me was nice and said that "He" would look that info up for me. I mentioned the doctors' names and he said that they were on the plan. Don't know where he went to get this information, because the website (www.hccua.org) does not have this info anywhere on it.
2. My husband was telling a friend about the insurance so that he would sign up as well, and that's when we realized that they don't have coverage in our state. Yet, they still sold us the plan. Why would they do this if they don't have coverage in our state?!
3. They say that we can cancel: "You have until the earlier of 30 days after the date of your membership application or 18 days after the "Effective Date" shown on your Complete Choice card to review the provided materials and, if you choose, to cancel and receive a full refund, so long as you have not used your insured benefits." Well, that may be the case; however, with our situation, our insurance started 1/1/08. Money was pulled out on the 18th and the booklets didn't arrive until way after the first 18 days, so the time had already elapsed.
4. The website has only 800 phone numbers and email addresses under "Contact Us." It does NOT have any physical address at all. I did notice that the "Complete Choice Plus Group Medical Insurance" booklet has an address which is in Atlanta, GA. However, the address to cancel is in Boca Raton, FL. Hummm? Interesting.
I would imagine that a full refund is in order since they don't even have coverage in our state. I hope that I don't run into the same problems as everyone else has. We, just like the rest of you, cannot afford to loose money or throw it away.
One last comment: I noticed that under two other entries regarding this same company, there was a rebuttal by someone from the Company. However, it's the exact same rebuttal for both. It's like he didn't even care enough to respond to the second complaint.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HCCUA/Atlanta-Georgia-30329/HCCUA-Aka-Health-Care-Credit-Union-Association-Something-fishy-about-all-of-this-Atlanta-307864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.