Complaint Review: HCcost

• Updated: Fri, January 17, 2014

• Reported By: LucasH — Laguna Beach California
HCcost
, Select State/Province USA

HCcost, an Amazon.com "seller" Charged my credit card before shipping merchandise, provided no tracking info, lied about delivery schedule New York New York

Ordered some kitchen appliances through Amazon.com. Purchased from one of Amazon's 3rd-party "sellers", HCcost on Jan 7. My card was charged on Jan 8. Delivery was "estimated" for Jan 13-16. On Jan 17 I call Amazon to find out where the merchandise is. There is no tracking info provided. Amazon says I need to talk to HCcost, but can only communicate with them via Amazon's email system, not directly - no phone number provided for HCcost. The name of the shipping company is provided on the Amazon website, so I look up their number and call them. They tell me they picked up the merchandise in NY on Jan 15 and will take at least another 10 business days to deliver it, so at least two weeks longer than "estimated" by Amazon/HCcost. The shipper also gives my HCcost's phone number: 800-299-9470 (something Amazon refused to do). HCcost's representative confirms what the shipper told me. I tell her to cancel my order because I can't wait that long and that I need to go out and buy the appliances from a regular store now. She says she needs to put me on hold - I finally hang up after waiting a long time. I go back on the Amazon website and send an email to cancel the order due to failure to meet the estimated delivery date by at least 2 weeks. No reply yet. I then post a negative review of this seller on Amazon's website. Within a minute I get a call from Mark of HCcost in NY. His phone number shows up as (347)350-2046. He offers to give me an immediate refund if only I remove my negative review. Unbelievable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2014 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HCcost/Select-StateProvince/HCcost-an-Amazoncom-seller-Charged-my-credit-card-before-shipping-merchandise-provid-1116326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HCcost