Complaint Review: HDI* SIMPLEESCAPES

• Submitted: Sun, December 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, December 19, 2004

• Reported By:Peterborough New Hampshire
HDI* SIMPLEESCAPES
www.simpleescapes12 Omaha, Nebraska, Nationwide, Internet U.S.A.

HDI*SIMPLEESCAPES credit card fraud - unauthorized charge of $149.95 on my monthly Visa bill Omaha, Nebraska Nationwide, Internet

The merchant's name meant nothing to me, so I called the toll free number and got a woman with an Indian accent. She told me I must have accepted the offer of this "travel company" membership when I was ordering on-line or from a catalog. When I denied that she offered a credit card refund but all she wanted to know was the due date of my bill. I asked if she didn't need my number, she said they had that at headquarters.

THEN I put their name into a Google search and found 645 reports of fraud involving "simple escapes" dating back several years. WHY hasn't something been done about this scam?

I have ordered many Christmas gifts online in the past month - especially from Amazon.com and it's
affiliated stores - and wonder if they did not have secure sites. From the reports, the company has used different prefixes(eg HDI,MWI,etc)but the complaints are all similar.

WHEN will this rip-off be stopped - let alone punished!

Peter
Peterborough, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2004 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDI-SIMPLEESCAPES/Omaha-Nebraska-Nationwide-Internet/HDISIMPLEESCAPES-credit-card-fraud-unauthorized-charge-of-14995-on-my-monthly-Visa-bi-123556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI* SIMPLEESCAPES