Complaint Review: HDI Simple Escapes

• Reported By:Interlochen Michigan
HDI Simple Escapes
Houston, Texas U.S.A.

HDI Simple Escapes Rip-off

After placing a telephone catalog order to The Company Store, I found a charge on my credit card from HDI Simple Escapes for $84.00. I did not knowingly make a purchase of any kind from HDI Simple Escapes.

When I called the phone # for HDI listed on my credit card, an automated message directed me to enter either my member # or my phone #. Since I don't have a member #, I entered my phone # and was told it was not valid. Luckily, I knew to enter 0 and ended up with a customer service rep who confirmed their charge was related to the Company Store order. I was told my money would be refunded and that it would show up on my next statement.

After reading all the other complaints about this company and it's affiliates, I'm skeptical about receiving a refund. I have written letters to HDI, The Company Store, Michigan Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau of Michigan, and the U.S. Secret Service field office.

Interlochen, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2003 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDI-Simple-Escapes/Houston-Texas-77074/HDI-Simple-Escapes-Rip-off-1032799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI Simple Escapes