Complaint Review: HDI Simple Escapes

• Submitted: Fri, March 12, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, March 12, 2004

• Reported By:Hartwell Georgia
HDI Simple Escapes
http://www.simpleescapes.com Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

HDI Simple Escapes MWI Connections Unauthorized charge for $99.95 appeared on a credit card that hadn't been used in months Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I started using a different credit card. I kept the old one as a back-up. The old card had not been used in 3 months. All of a sudden, a charge appeared on it from HDI Simple Escapes.

I called the credit card company and disputed the charge. They gave me a LIST of things to do to get the charge removed.

I said "Things for ME to do? ... here's a website with 300+ people with the same unauthorized charge. YOU'RE the IDIOT'S that continue to accept charge after charge from this bogus company!!".

"There were no charges on the card before this one and none since .... how about YOU doing the LEGWORK? .... after all ... I didn't do anything to get this charge ... YOU'RE the one that accepted this charge"

She agreed to remove the charge. I asked her if this was the first time she had ever heard a complaint about this company. After some conversation, she admitted that she had heard MANY complaints but there was NOT a way for their bank to refuse their charges.

"NOT a way" ... is still ringing in my ears ..... WHY isn't their a way?

I'm a victim of a Drive-By-Scam ... but it didn't cost me because I study my charge card statement .... Lately, I check everything. I even check the entries on my tab at restaurants now ... I've found bogus charges there, too!!!

There's a fine line between paranoia and caution ... ya think I need professional help yet?

*, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2004 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDI-Simple-Escapes/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/HDI-Simple-Escapes-MWI-Connections-Unauthorized-charge-for-9995-appeared-on-a-credit-car-83704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI Simple Escapes