Complaint Review: HDI Simpleescapes

• Submitted: Sun, March 13, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, March 13, 2005

• Reported By:Alden New York
HDI Simpleescapes
P.O.Box 5152 DesPlaines, Illinois U.S.A.

HDI Simpleescapes ripoff - fraudulent credit card billing DesPlaines, Also PA Illinois

HDI Simpleescapes charged my credit card for $149.95 on 3/4/05.

We have never contacted this company and never authorized payment or gave them a credit card number.

A call to the toll free number on Sunday went unanswered - they're closed on Sunday. Nice.

The credit card company had registered a dispute and given me a temporary credit.

Their webiste, which I had no idea even existed, was given to me in a recording at their # when I called. I checked to see what info they had on us in their records - turns out they picked up on my wife's name from somewhere, and had our street address and phone number. No email address listed (good).

After looking throuh past credit card bills, I find that they had charged my card back in May of 2004 for $96.00. Apparently, I had unknowingly paid the charge thinking that it was something that my wife had ordered. Crap. So now, they are auto billing me for a renewal of a "membership" that I never ordered.

We'll see what becomes of this on Monday. Time to call the credit card company back again.

Update to follow.

Alden, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2005 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDI-Simpleescapes/DesPlaines-Illinois-60017-5152/HDI-Simpleescapes-ripoff-fraudulent-credit-card-billing-DesPlaines-Also-PA-Illinois-134791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI Simpleescapes