Complaint Review: HDI*SIL BUYERS EDGE

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Mena Arkansas
Internet U.S.A.

On our Visa bill dated 1/22/09 we had a charge of $99 from this company. We had no idea who/what they were. To be sure I had NOT ordered something I just didn't recognize, I called the company listed.

The young lady was gracious and readily promised to issue credit. However, when I insisted I wanted to know just who they were and how she got our information, she became very evasive. She said my wife had made a purchase by phone, at at the end of this order, was offered this "membership" as an add-on.

My wife, nor I, ever will even listen to any add on offers of any kind, let alone purchase. When I insisted on her naming the company and/or purchase that this event supposedly occurred, she claimed she did not have that information.

I pointed out that had to be completely B.S., if indeed they had received the "purchase" order through a third party, they certainly knew where they got it. At that point I still believed one of the companies with whom we deal, was responsible for the "ringer."

As soon as this was over, I looked the company up, to see just who/what they were. Surprise! their entire business appears to be an enterprise for fruadulent billings. How many people never notice or question these charges. The ones who do, and call, are treated courtesouly, and immediately issued credit. They simply play the odds they will get by with it far more often than they get caught. This is a scam that is far older even than me.

1- Somebody sold them our information
2- If we had "joined" in December why have we not received membership information, etc. Never heard of them.
3- With all the complaints on your site as well as others (over 100) why have criminal charges of theft, at least, not been charged on them?

I am not so interested in some class action suit, no money was lost. I want the B------- charged. How can this be done?

Mena, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDISIL-BUYERS-EDGE/internet/HDISIL-BUYERS-EDGE-TOTALLY-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-TO-MY-CREDIT-CARD-LIES-WHEN-CALLED-Interne-410051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI*SIL BUYERS EDGE