Complaint Review: HDI*Simple Escapes

• Submitted: Sun, March 28, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, March 28, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
HDI*Simple Escapes
www.memberworks.com Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

HDI*Simple Escapes Ripoff Fraudulent Visa charge of $99.95 and $84.00 and refuses to tell how they get your credit INFO! Harrisburg Pennsylvania

On Thursday March 25th, 2004, I called my Visa credit card automatic telephone line to find a charge of $99.95 had been posted on Wednesday March 24th, 2004. I talked to an operator at my credit card company, and she told me that it was for a company called HDI*Simple Escape. She gave me a phone number (800) 839-0098 and I called it. I talked to a man named Mohamid with an ID # 1472. I asked him for what I was being charged for. He said that is was for some discount program. I told him that I didn't want it and requested the charges to be reversed. He offered me a $25.00 gas card If I accepted the charge. I told him I don't need the gas card, I take the bus. He laughed.

I again told him I don't want what he is offering and wanted my money back. I also asked him how they got my credit information, which he refused to answer. He then told me that my money would be refunded in two days. Because he refused to tell me how he got my credit card information I called my credit card company back to inquire and report to them about the call I had with HDI*Simple Escape. They couldn't explain how HDI*Simple Escape got my credit card information. All they could add that it was an internet company. They said all I can do is either wait for the credit reimbursement or close down my credit card account. Being short of funds at this time I stressed for the next few days.

Today Sunday March 28th, 2004 while I was on the internet, I type in the name Simple Escape on a search engine. I found many similar stories such as mine at RIP-OFF Report.COM website. After reading something submitted March 22nd, 2004 at 4:34:21 PM, I immediately called my credit card company and had my credit card account closed. My credit card company said that they found 3 charges of $ 99.95 posted against my credit card. Hopefully these charges will be refunded. Going over my old credit card bills I found even more charges. One such charge was for $84.00 May 15th, 2003 for HDI*Simple Escape (888)-366-1305.

Carl
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2004 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDISimple-Escapes/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17110/HDISimple-Escapes-Ripoff-Fraudulent-Visa-charge-of-9995-and-8400-and-refuses-to-tell-85745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI*Simple Escapes