Complaint Review: HDI*Simpleescapes

• Submitted: Fri, August 26, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, August 26, 2005

• Reported By:Toccoa Georgia
HDI*Simpleescapes
340 Poplar St Hanover, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

HDI*Simpleescapes Ripoff Unauthorized billing to my AmEx card for $149.95 Hanover Pennsylvania

An unauthorized charge was posted to my AmEx card for $149.95 by HDI*Simpleescapes. When I called the 800 number provided, I was told that it was for a discount program for restaurants and lodging that my wife had signed for on an order to Domestications.

Since my wife was in the hospital at the time the order was allegedly placed, it was easy for me to refute their claim that it was an authorized charge. They agreed to credit my account in 2 days, but not before I argued for about 15 minutes with the service representative. I notified AmEx and am waiting for the credit to appear on my statement.

I have since found out that HDI is Hanover Direct, Inc, a publisher of numerous catalogs such as Domestications, Sillouettes, The Company Store, Clearance World and others.

Bill
Toccoa, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2005 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDISimpleescapes/Hanover-Pennsylvania-17331/HDISimpleescapes-Ripoff-Unauthorized-billing-to-my-AmEx-card-for-14995-Hanover-Pennsylv-155116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDI*Simpleescapes