Complaint Review: HDProjectorWorld

• Updated: Fri, December 13, 2013

• Reported By: DR_BOB — Marshalltown Iowa
HDProjectorWorld
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

HDProjectorWorld Deceptive/misleading advertising; very slow to deliver; missing elements Vancouver BC

After researching several companies and different kinds of projectors, I ordered this projector from HDProjector just before Thanksgiving:

• Pro Series 8a, HDMI LED Projector with Internal DVD Player - Newest September, 2013 Model with DVD Player inside!

I was told it would arrive within 5 business days. I was also told I would get an email with shipping confirmatin number. I did not get that email. After almost two weeks, I called and was told the order had been placed with the shipping company, but the projector was stolen before it could ship. I was told a new projector would be shipped immediatly and would arrive in 3-5 business days. I was also told that I would receive an email with a shipping number. I did not receive the email.

The package did arrive, but after almost 20 business days. I examined the projector immediately and found it to be:

• VERY cheaply constructed with hard-to-read controls
  • Missing a case (which is included in the advertising)
  • Missing the ceiling mounting (which is included in the advertising)
  • Missing a battery for the remote
  • Missing an instruction manual
  • Projecting a lower level of lumens (it appears) than advertised
  • Missing a zoom control
  • Using a very cheap, manual method of focusing

I did call and report the missing manual and case. I was told that the manual for this device was full of errors and a new one from the writers has been ordered. I agreed to have an email sent to me with an attachment of a similar user manual. The email arrived very quickly, and the attachment opened easily. However, the "similar" manual does not appear to be very similar, since it described features my projector does not have and does not explain a couple of the functions my projector is supposed to have.

I was told that a case will be sent via mail. I was given the choice of having the case sent to me or of having $30.00 credit with the company. A credit would do me no good since I do not plan to order anything else from this firm.

I will be using the email process to order the ceiling mount, which should be mailed to me free of charge, I assume.

The advertising for this product was deceptive. Each day I went to the Web site before I made my final purchase, I read that the price was "Today Only," but it was the same price each day. Also, the items I am missing, the ceiling mount and the case, were free "If you order now," but that same message appeared each time I went to the site.

I have not fully checked out the projector, but I will be using it this week for a presentation at the church that funded this purchase. I have a strong feeling that I will find more disappointments, and I will have to report that I may have been mislead on this projector.

My gut told me the price was too good to be true; I should have listened to my gut!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HDProjectorWorld/Vancouver-British-Columbia/HDProjectorWorld-Deceptivemisleading-advertising-very-slow-to-deliver-missing-elements-1106841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HDProjectorWorld