Complaint Review: HEALD COLLEGE

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 01, 2009

• Reported By:San Francisco California
HEALD COLLEGE
350 Mission St, San Francisco San Francisco, California U.S.A.

HEALD COLLEGE They said that credits from Heald is transferable to City College of SF San Francisco California

Last August I called heald to get some information about their Medical Assisting Program. I spoke with Michael Hendricks who later became my admission counselor. During our meeting I informed that I am going to be transferring to City College of San Francisco, so I asked him if credits are transferable. He said it is and i should not worry because Heald is an accredited school. So after talking to him about my goals and plans he wanted me to take the placement test and get started right away because he said that theres a class that will be starting in a week. So I went ahead and signed up. I finished one quarter and decided to transfer to City College in spring. Last week (First week of December) I went to city college of SF to register for Spring and I brought my transcript from heald with me. I went to the marticulation office and found out that they do not accept credits from Heald College. I contacted Heald right away and complained. I was transfered to the President. I spoke to the president of san francisco campus and he said he was going to investigate the problem. He said to write him a letter and put all my complaints in the letter. So I did and sent it last thursday. Monday, I didnt get any call from them. So I called tuesday to follow up, and the president was in a meeting so I left a message n his voicemail. No response. I called again today (wed) and again president was in a meeting so I left another message and the receptionist took my email address. Check my email an hour ago and I got a letter from president. he said that I signed a disclosure form that had the info about credit transfers. I wrote him another email about that disclosure form. I said that the admission counselor told me to initial it and he said that "the information in this form (handed me the doc) is what we just went over. So I didnt bother to read all of the info in the form. I didnt want them to get away with this because I've been misinformed, took out loans to pay for class that I dont even need because I'm going to have to retake all the class again. All in all it is the admission counselors fault for giving me wrong information. So far I'm still fighting to get my refund and I will not let them step on me.

Vanessa e
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 11:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HEALD-COLLEGE/San-Francisco-California-94105/HEALD-COLLEGE-They-said-that-credits-from-Heald-is-transferable-to-City-College-of-SF-San-1031340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HEALD COLLEGE