Complaint Review: HEALTHLINEONE

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: Cyndi — Illinois United States of America
HEALTHLINEONE
6555 N POWERLINE RD FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida United States of America

HEALTHLINEONE CHRIS BASL RUDE, DISCRIMINATION OF PEOPLE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, CONDESENDING, HUNG UP ON ME, INCOMPETENT FORT LAUDERDALE , Florida

*Consumer Comment: What in the world are you babbling about?

I was connected with this business through a referral service. I was attempting to obtain two quotes, one for my husband and one for our entire family. After spending forty five minutes answering questions about our families health. The customer service rep began telling me "You know your not going to get this insurance right?" He was demeaning, rude and belittled me because of my medical conditions. He then tried to sell me life insurance, which was not at all what I was inquiring about and when I responded "no thank you.

I need health insurance." he said to someone in the office "She is not even going to do the F'in life." He then told me he was having difficulty and HUNG UP ON ME? I obtained the phone number and called this company back. I attempted to explain that I was talking with someone and had been disconnected. He responded "Are you the woman with the spinal cord injury trying to make me spend my money?" I was confused, appalled and asked to speak with a supervisor. He responded he is the owner of this company Chris Basl.

He stated "I deal with people like you all day long." I asked why the other representative hung up on me. He stated "the person you were talking to has a wife and children he does not have time for people like you. It is my phone bill and I will hang up on you again." then he hung up. Oh my, horrible horrible treatment. I was discriminated against because of my spinal cord injury. He would not even provide me a quote. I am also filing a complaint with ADA and potentially a private attorney. This company is a disgrace.

This company should be closed down. At minimum he should have to provide a written apology and pay a steep fine for discrimination.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HEALTHLINEONE/FORT-LAUDERDALE-Florida-33309/HEALTHLINEONE-CHRIS-BASL-RUDE-DISCRIMINATION-OF-PEOPLE-WITH-MEDICAL-CONDITIONS-HORRIBLE-935300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HEALTHLINEONE

What in the world are you babbling about?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Oh my, horrible horrible treatment. I was discriminated against because of my spinal cord injury. He would not even provide me a quote. I am also filing a complaint with ADA and potentially a private attorney. This company is a disgrace. This company should be closed down. At minimum he should have to provide a written apology and pay a steep fine for discrimination. "

You have what is known as a pre-existing condition. Insurance companies routinely deny coverage for pre-existing conditions in an attempt to keep premiums reasonable.

How is this an ADA violation? Why should they be required to provide a "written apology and pay a steep fine" for NO wrong doing whatsoever.

What kind of lawsuit would your "private attorney" file?

You sound like you just got back from your local occupy movement.