Complaint Review: HERITAGE AUCTION

• Updated: Fri, December 16, 2011

• Reported By: REV. GUY — N.P.R. FLORIDA Florida United States of America
HERITAGE AUCTION
DALLAS TEXAS Internet United States of America

HERITAGE AUCTION DALLAS TEXAS DENNIS LOWE LIAR OF THE YEAR LIAR OF THE YEAR NEVER SENT THE CHECK FOR THE RARE CIVIL WAR COLLECTION DALLAS TEXAS, Internet

*General Comment: In response to "realclient"...

*Consumer Suggestion: The Real "Ripoff"

*Consumer Comment: Heritage Is Honest!

*Consumer Comment: Yes it happened to me too

in nov. 2009 i contacted heritage auction civil war dept . head denise lowe about the rare civil war collection that was donated as a fund raiser for our ministry , dennis was excited & had me send it to him. i did so in late nov. 2009 , they could not add it to there dec. 2009 civil war auction , but told me it would be add to the may 2010 auction.

he said his asst. tina would call me to give me an auction estimate, she never called
no one ever sent any paperwork. so i emailed after numerous phone calls , no response
it turns out he does not even live in dallas TX , he lives in pennslvania.

after 2 months of me pulling my hair out ,i get this email jan. 20th  3:39 pm

having gone over your collection it falls below our $5,000 minimum lot, so the only solution is for us to buy it from you for $800.00 .why would they even want to buy it?

THEY NEVER MENTIONED A $5,OOO MINIMUM ,  WOULD NOT HAVE SENT IT !!!

I THINK HE WAS TRYING TO SELL IT OUT THE BACK DOOR & POCKET THE DIFFERANCE

i have the original email if you want me to forward to you.

dennis has lied to me  on several occasions , saying the check is in the mail.

his last phone call he said he was going to send the pile of " s**t "
he offers 800.00 for a pile of "s**t"  now you know were to send "it"

as of march 3 2010 i dont have the check promised or my rare civil war collection back

DONT SEND ANYTHING TO HERITAGE AUCTION DALLAS TX , LIAR OF THE YEAR AWARD

BURNED BY THE BIGGEST , MOST UNPROFESSIONAL CROOKS IN THE BUSINESS !!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HERITAGE-AUCTION/internet/HERITAGE-AUCTION-DALLAS-TEXAS-DENNIS-LOWE-LIAR-OF-THE-YEAR-LIAR-OF-THE-YEAR-NEVER-SENT-THE-577117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HERITAGE AUCTION

#1 General Comment

In response to "realclient"...

AUTHOR: Collector3500 - ()

In your post entitled "The Real Ripoff", you said that Heritage Auctions employees are not felonious.  Well, Dennis Lowe, who is specifically mentioned in a Ripoff Report complaint, is in fact a convicted felon.  Please feel free to Google his name if you doubt my word.  Heritage Auctions has known this for years and has chosen to employ him in spite of this.  That is certainly their prerogative, but you mis-spoke in your effort to defend this company.  Every consumer who posts here is entitled to their own opinion and to share their experience when they feel that they have received poor customer service.  Having poor grammar skills does not negate their experience.  Insulting people you've never met and ridiculing their grammar, viewpoint, and/or IQ does nothing but compromise your own dignity.  It certainly doesn't benefit Heritage Auctions or improve their reputation.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The Real "Ripoff"

AUTHOR: realclient - (United States of America)

The only "ripoff" is being perpetrated by this thug customer who is enraged that he could not extort money from a legitimate, honorable, hardworking company. Yes, in my experience Heritage's executives are sometimes arrogant and pompous, but so are all other corporate executives. That does not make them felonious or even unethical. I am officially jumping on the bandwagon with those who defend what America is truly about: An honest, successful, rags-to-riches company!

The five unique complaints about Heritage that were posted on this website were written by nearly-illiterate, bottom-of-the-socioeconomic-ladder crybabies who seem to think that Heritage is in business to royally cater to their every uninformed whim, fallacy, and misconception. I do not believe that a gargantuan auction firm like Heritage would risk damaging their stellar reputation just to cheat these small-time losers out of their virtually worthless junk.

I suspect that what is really going on is that five obsessed wackos who have failed miserably at life (versus the satisfied 700,000-plus Heritage customers) did not get their backsides kissed during their minuscule transactions with Heritage, so they are unfairly trashing this outstanding company just to fuel the emotional void created by their failed extortion schemes. Several wealthy friends and I are longtime customers of Heritage, yet have never experienced any difficulties. Nobody with an IQ above 70 would take seriously the obviously suspect charges made against Heritage, a firm with an unblemished reputation amongst both heavy hitters and small spenders alike.

Heritage Is Honest!

AUTHOR: ClaudePierre - (United States of America)

My name is Claude Pierre (this website will not permit me to use my full name.) I have done untold millions of dollars in business with Heritage, both buying and selling, since the 1980's. I have usually dealt through agents; Heritage barely even knows who I am! A quick check reveals that I have personally placed bids with Heritage that total over $4 million since 2009, but my actual bids through representatives are well into nine figures. Neither I nor my agents have ever been cheated or misled by Heritage. Ditto for several collector and dealer friends whom I know quite well. Why would Heritage cheat you, knowing that it would tarnish their fabulous reputation? That is, if your complaint is even genuine and you are not lying, possibly because you are a shill for a sleazy competitor. Heritage has sold several billion dollars worth of collectibles at auction, so it is extremely difficult to believe that they would defraud or lie to anyone, especially for such a small amount of money. I shall continue to spend untold millions with Heritage and ignore unproven, libelous allegations. Actions (my actual transactions with Heritage) scream louder than words from someone whom I do not even know and whose complaint sounds like a fairy tale composed of sour grapes.

Yes it happened to me too

AUTHOR: Gary - (USA)

Heritage is trying to rip me off of about $18000 in coins I consigned that they refuse to return to me. They sold 3 of my coins for $4140 of which $3600 is owed me. Apparently Heritage's policy is to keep your consigned items and money received from it if you complain to them.