Complaint Review: HERTZ RENTAL CAR

• Submitted: Thu, June 10, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: joe cool — Spring Texas United States of America
LAX - Los Angeles LAX Los Angeles, California United States of America

HERTZ RENTAL CAR Fraudulent charged on my CC as LDw ( Liabily Insurance) LAX Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Suggestion: similar experience

*Consumer Comment: Did you get a copy of your car rental contract?

On April 2-2010 I reserved a Car through Priceline.com, Hertz Rental Car was offered by Priceline.com , Priceline.com Immadiately charged full amount including Tax  on my Credit Card
The Car was pickup on April 4/2010 for 7 days at LAX Los Angeles.
When I pickup the Car i was very cautious about  all the service that their sales people offred, I made sure that they understood that I want nothing else beside the Car rental fee  and it was paid through Priceline.com
I return on time on April 10-2010 ,
Everything was usual until I received the charged on my credit card an extra 117.00 $  ! I was shock and calling my CC to dispute this amount and also sent an email to priceline.com to query about the charge !
Priceline told me it was a LDW ( Liability Insurance which I declined) charged, and they offred no help beside it !
I was disappointed of priceline.com irresponsibility in this matter , try to contact Hertz to find out ... so far no luck. and I still not going to rest until i resolve this matter
This is a Business Fraudulent  committed by Herzt  and i will tell everybody that I know to stay away from Priceline.com and Herzt.
They are not trustworthy to deal business with.
I hope everyone choose a different vendors to rent car when they travel and it will save you a headache

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2010 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HERTZ-RENTAL-CAR/LAX-Los-Angeles-California-/HERTZ-RENTAL-CAR-Fraudulent-charged-on-my-CC-as-LDw-Liabily-Insurance-LAX-Los-Angeles-612856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HERTZ RENTAL CAR

#1 Consumer Suggestion

similar experience

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

their  CSRs  must  be  under  some  management  directive  to  sell  the  insurance  under  any  circumstances.  probably  this  is  were  their profit  comes  from.  when  they  told  me  "you  have to purchase  the  insurance, we  can't  take  it  off  from the contract"    I  did  not  sign  and  walked  away.  They  still  charged  my  card  (they  ask  for  your  card and swipe it  before  they  even  show  you  the contract)   and  even  tried  it  a  second  time  2  months  later.

What  they  do  is  close  to  criminal  and  they  should  be  investigated.

Did you get a copy of your car rental contract?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

Did Hertz give you the contract when you picked up the car? Usually you have to initial next to the insurance clause to either decline it or to accept it. Are your initial's in the "decline" spot?

If so, if it were me I would make a copy and send a letter to HERTZ certified mail return receipt with a copy of the contract and a copy of the billing statement showing that they charged your card for a declined service and strongly request in writing to have it removed immediately. If it were me I would also contact the cc company to have the charge removed since you have the proof.

If you don't have the proof, it will be tough to fight. You can still send the letter but your chances of getting the charge removed are slim to none.