Complaint Review: HERTZ RENTAL CAR

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By: anthemroad — anthem Arizona United States of America
HERTZ RENTAL CAR
po box 25722 oklahoma city, Oklahoma United States of America

HERTZ RENTAL CAR Excessive holds on bank account causing a total of 34 overdrafts oklahoma city, Oklahoma

We rented a car on 12/21/09 to go to California for Christmas. We called and got the rate over the phone for a compact car for $19.99 a day. We only planned on keeping the rental until 12/26/09. When we arrived to pick up the car, the sales agent talked us into upgrading to a brand new Jeep Cherokee for only $15 more per day. We agreed and signed to have them hold $429 on our bank debit card. We were told this amount would be held until we returned the vehicle and then we would either be credited money back or charged a second charge for the remaining balance. We enjoyed our trip and returned to AZ. on the 24th, we found out on the 26th that my personal vehicle that was in the shop would not be ready for a few more days. I called Hertz to extend our rental through January 1, 2010. We returned the vehicle on January 1st when the business was in fact closed, but we were told that we could return the car and put keys in the night drop. On January 8th we received a call from our bank informing us that we were $1450 overdrawn. I immediately went to my branch and went over my account with the branch manager. We discovered over the course of 3 weeks, Hertz rental car had put 8 random holds on funds in our account. Therefore put our available balance in the negative, therefore causing a snowball effect of overdraft fees. To add insult to injury on the 6th of January they put an additional hold of $310, and then charged $898.00 for what they say was rental total for the 11 days we had the vehicle. This has continued to go on as Hertz has admitted they do not know why the random holds were placed on the account, but they are refusing to return any money to me as that is the banks responsibility as they released the holds. The holds were in fact released but after the fact, after the damage had been done. To this date there are a total of 34 overdraft fees at $37.50 a piece 4 returned checks at $25 charged by the companies, and my rent check has bounced for a bounced check fee of $30 plus $25 a day for each day the rent goes unpaid. I have made over 50 phone calls to Hertz and I am treated like a piece of garbage and told that it will be reviewed and someone will contact me. Meanwhile the overdraft fees continue and I am being served an eviction notice. We have 5 children and I just wen through minor heart surgery. Hertz billing agents are cold and rude and do not care about the financial devastation they have caused. I am at a loss on how to recoup my losses. I haven't even gotten into with them how they overcharged for the actual rental.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HERTZ-RENTAL-CAR/oklahoma-city-Oklahoma-73125/HERTZ-RENTAL-CAR-Excessive-holds-on-bank-account-causing-a-total-of-34-overdrafts-oklahom-553322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HERTZ RENTAL CAR