Complaint Review: HEWLET PACKARD

• Submitted: Mon, February 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 19, 2007

• Reported By:Florissant Missouri

I purchased a H.P. printer scanner fax from HP I had a problem that caused the entire machine to stop working. A memory card from my camera was damaged without my knowledge, and when i put it in the printer, It did something that made the entire machine quit working, I called HP and asked where I could get a new card reader. The person I spoke to was a total idiot, I stated very plainly what I needed, she says she will email me back with the info I need. next day she emails me telling me I can get a memory card at any electronics, variety store, just about anywhere that sells electronics!!!! I knew that!! I didn't ask for a memory card. I asked for a memory card READER for my printer.

The next day I go online to talk with a custmoer service rep again, I go through the whole story again. after a whole bunch of his going back and forth taling with who knows who, he tells me I can "UPGRADE" my printer for between 200. & 300 dollars. I wanted to fix the one I had!! He tells me sorry, It can't be fixed, but I had to send it back to get the new printr. I said "so you mean you will take mine, fix it and then resell it as refurbished?" He then proceeds to write a prewritten statement on how HP's products and thier customer service is second to none... I said "That is not what I just asked you" at that point he terminated the conversation. no goodbye, no nothing.

I saved and printed out both of the conversations I had with these 2 people, and I swear if I knew that something would be done to correct the poor service that I recieved, I would mail these conversations to the main office.

This was a fairly expensive printer, and for them to tell me "Too bad, so sad" is just unaceptable. I will never buy another HP product again. Sad thing is I really liked the HP camera and the all in one printer I had.

Florissant, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HEWLET-PACKARD/PALO-ALTO-California/HEWLET-PACKARD-WILL-NOT-BACK-THIER-PRODUCTS-PALO-ALTO-California-236515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HEWLET PACKARD