Complaint Review: HFC ,HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 21, 2010

• Reported By:VICTORVILLE California
HFC ,HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP
PO BOX 5233 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HFC ,HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP CALLED EVERYDAY STATING I OWED A DIFFERENT AMOUNT AND WAS ALWAYS LATE Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: HFC

Where do I begin? First, I ahd a hardship that was approved for six months. Every month I paid the new payment on time and they would call me everyday saying I was late. After literaly explaining to about 100 different people that I was on a hardship, they would tell me it did not show it in their computer. They told me the reason I was late every month was because I did not make the right payment; they still had me on the original payment. I asked them how did it not show in their computer that I was on a hardship when I had a letter from them stating I was approved for the hardship. I told them I would fax them a copy and that they needed to fix it immediately.

For four straight months they continued to call everyday stating I was late. Now they said I was late for 120 days. I asked them how could that be if I faxed them the paper and their computer did not show the hardship. They also advised me that I had incurred deferred interest of 2,000 for not making the proper payments. Finally, I asked to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor said they would fix it; never happened. For two more months they called everyday with the same thing and still no results. I asked them who was going to fix my credit since they screwed it up and they had no answer. Another thing, I am currently deployed in Iraq and my legal advisor advised us to send all our finance companies an S.C.R.A. (Servicemember Civil Relief Act) which states if you are called to active duty the finance companies can not charge you higher then six percent. The legal advisor said even if your APR is lower than six percent, try it anyways and maybe they will lower it even more. Well, that backfired, the hardship was at 5.25 percent and when they got the SCRA they raised it to 6.00 percent, how shady is that.

To this date, it is still at 6.00 percent and they will not change it back. I guess that is why I fight for their freedom to RIP people off. I hate this company, don't recommend them and would never ever do business with them again. I even thought about just letting go not to deal with them. Since I am in Iraq, there is nothing I can do right, as if I could do anything with them anyways. Oh yeah, they closed all their branches around us. One more last thing, what big company do you know that does not have a physical address, only a PO Box.

Anthony
VICTORVILLE, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HFC-HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/HFC-HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP-CALLED-EVERYDAY-STATING-I-OWED-A-DIFFERENT-AMOUNT-AND-WAS-ALWA-455456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HFC ,HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP

#1 Consumer Suggestion

HFC

AUTHOR: John C. - (United States of America)

Please complain to Attorney General of California, they will investigate HFC if enough people complain.