Complaint Review: HFC Member HSBC

• Submitted: Sat, May 02, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 02, 2009

• Reported By:Spokane Valley Washington
HFC Member HSBC
www.hfc.com Chesapeake, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-365-0175
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HFC Member HSBC Financier steals money, charges to insure the money steal and hides like a coward via no method of contact Chesapeake Virginia

Incident

Having experienced trouble from this company just a few months ago regarding an unemployment claim, when I found work I chose to pay off this account in full and close it.

On March 24, 2009 I issued a check for $1526.00, an accidental overpayment of $813.13 on my part. On April 7, 2009, two weeks later and one day after debiting three insurance payments against my account to insure a balance of funds that does not belong to them, they finally credited my payment. However they kept my money! Efforts to contact this company, HFC, to get my money back has been fruitless.

The customer service telephone number listed either hangs up on me after lengthy sessions of \'hold,\' or my call somehow gets transferred to the insurance claims department where everyone claims ignorance and an inability to do anything. My letter sent April 15, 2009, via US Potal Service, seems to have gone ignored.

On one occasion I actually got through to a supervisor named John who gave me this fax number: 1-866-779-2149 and asked that I provide a statement regarding my situation. The fax I sent is the same letter I sent two weeks earlier by mail.

Today, May 02 2009, I received a letter from HFC. It acknowledges my inquiry regarding my account and even acknowledges my desire to close the account which they did. What they never addressed was the fact that they owe me $813.13 for my over-payment that I reguested be returned to me as well. They never indicated any intent to repay my money.

Damage Resulting

I borrowed money from another institution with interest to pay off the HFC loan as well as others. By their refusal to return my money, I am paying interest on money I can't use. I am paying interest on a debt which would have been payed off by that money if it were not setting in my closed HFC account. HFC is not paying me interest for the use of my money. I have wasted countless hours just trying to reach a responsible person let alone get results. $813.13 is a lot of money to blatantly steal from a customer.

Jaxonc2
Spokane Valley, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2009 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HFC-Member-HSBC/Chesapeake-Virginia/HFC-Member-HSBC-Financier-steals-money-charges-to-insure-the-money-steal-and-hides-like-a-448348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HFC Member HSBC