Complaint Review: HFC, and HFC II

• Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: anne — hopkinton Massachusetts United States of America
HFC, and HFC II
po box 5233 carol stream, Iowa United States of America

HFC, and HFC II Can I get away from HFC? Please help, somebody! carol stream, Iowa

Surprise.  Mortgage problems with HFC.  The most recent:
RE-Applied for modification- new rules. must apply after old terms run out. Sept.
RE-RE Applied  and HFC sent all correspondence for 2 months to some address in Texas.  Oct.
Found out- they had no way of figuring out how the address change happened. Dec.
Finally got modification reinstated on $1900.00/mo. 1/20.
THEN received a notice of foreclosure for $4000.00 owed.  I have no idea what this comes from.  The notice also stated that I had until June to cure this and then I could continue making my monthly payments of $3100.
I haven't called HFC yet about this new weirdness.  I found its best to have a lot of info. before tackling their phones.  You often get a wide range of answers to your questions that the next HFC rep. says are not true.
Do I contact them assuming it is a mistake?  Do their departments contact each other?  Is there a more central or higher up level I can go to?
My house is worht $1000,000.00 less than the mortgage, it is 42% of my salary, I am disabled and can not work a second job.
I just want out.  Has anyone gotten away from HFC without selling or foreclosing?  How can I prove they sent my correspondence to another address and racked up fees?  Is this other notice fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HFC-and-HFC-II/carol-stream-Iowa-/HFC-and-HFC-II-Can-I-get-away-from-HFC-Please-help-somebody-carol-stream-Iowa-832798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HFC, and HFC II