Complaint Review: HFC

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 02, 2004

• Reported By:Independence Missouri
HFC
PO Box 4153-K Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HFC - Household Finance - Beneficial Mislead and lie ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: How to get rid of the extra charges

I do not recall ever signing up for " Unemployment Insurance" and other kinds of insurance charges when I went to the HFC Branch in Independence, MO. But I am sure I was mislead for I do not remember speaking about that.

When I quit my last job I requested to remove those charges on insurances, and that was last February 2004. I have spoken with 7 different people telling me what I needed to do to have them remove. I have also converse with two supervisors that later I will disclose their names.

I have done what they have told me to do each time. Go to the branch and write and sign your request for removal, Call the 1800-547-8776, Fax request to specific fax, was told never receive it, fax it again, and again!

So far on my next billing cicle 11/11/04 got to pay beside my loan charges:

Life Insurance Charge: $7.46
Unemployment Insurance Charge: $9.04
A & H Insurance Charge: $17.37

I feel that they are just playing with me and that they certainly do not have any respect to the fact that I have told them the truth. I am paying way so much for my mistake in asking for help to HFC.

Can somebody help me and my family? We are paying also 26.90% !!APR Thank you.

Gerardo
Independence, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HFC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-4153/HFC-Household-Finance-Beneficial-Mislead-and-lie-ripoff-Nationwide-114881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HFC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to get rid of the extra charges

AUTHOR: Evelyn - (U.S.A.)

I can suggegst that you send a certified letter to Beneficial/HFC regarding the insurance etc. that you want cancelled. Copy the Attorney General of your state. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself and also the certified notice receipt. I personally know that the Attorney General's office in Ohio responds to these complaints, just as the Attorney General's office in your state may, also.