Complaint Review: HFL Solutions - Dr. Sam Robbins

• Submitted: Mon, December 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: Jaws — Clovis California U.S.A.
HFL Solutions - Dr. Sam Robbins

HFL Solutions - Dr. Sam Robbins I am 72 years old and a retired actor living on my Social Security and Actors pension. I ordered a bottle of Cholestlo from HFL Solutions expecting it to cost about $45 with shipping. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tracking number?

*Author of original report: The credit card company resolved the charges!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: resolved - misunderstanding

*Author of original report: More charges! Since I filed this complaint I have been charged an additional $89 and have not received anything for the $89

I am 72 years old and a retired actor living on my Social Security and Actors pension. I ordered a bottle of Cholestlo from HFL Solutions expecting it to cost about $45 with shipping. My debit card was charged $46.94 on November 25th 2011 and I did receive one bottle of Cholestlo. Upon reviewing my checking account statements I found that HFL Solutions billed an additional $39.97 to my debit card on December 8th 2011 and another $86.91 on December 22nd making the cost of one bottle of their product (30 day supply) a whopping $173.82!!!

This happened right before Christmas and the money is gone from my checking account making it difficult for me to buy presents for my wife, four children and six grandchildren.

Hopefull this was a mistake on the part of Dr.Robbins and his company HFL but I have no way of contacting him or the company as there is no phone number that you can call where someone answers the phone. [continued below]....
..... The phone number listed in another report gets a "No longer in service" response and when I called the number listed on my bank statement along with the charge I was put on hold for about 20 minutes and prompted to stay on the line. After 20 minutes a recording announced that I was calling during peak hours and to call back between 3 PM and 6 PM which I did.

When I called back at about 4 PM I was put on hold again and prompted to wait as someone would be with me shortly. After about 20 minutes I received the same recorded meassage as before telling to I was calling during peak hours and to call back between 3 PM and 8 PM.

Since it was 4 PM I found this recorded message to be not just frustrating but exasperating!

I tried to locate a working phone number for Dr. Sam Robbins or HFL Solutions using the white and yellow pages on the internet. No listings came up?

If this is a mistake it needs to be corrected but I do not know how to do that since I can't get through to anyone. If it is a ripoff then the people behind this need to be prosecuted as someone retired like myself cannot afford to have a company taking $173.82 out of their checking account for a months supply of supplements.

If there is a Dr. Sam and this comes to your attention I would hope that you would provide a way to contact you or your company (That doesn't put you on hold and waste your time to tell you after 20 minutes to call back later and then hangs up on you). My bank suggests I cancel my debit card and have them issue another one so I do not contune to be charged and charged and charged again and again.

I am doing this which is going to cause me to go to the bank and get a temporary card and I am handicapped making this difficult for me to do. I will also have to supply all the accounts who bill my card automatically every month which will cost me more time.

I have read your rebuttal to other claims Dr. Robbins claiming yours is a legitimate company providing needed health services for consumers. If this is true I would hope that you would straighten out the problems of contactin your company so these kinds of mistakes can be corrected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HFL-Solutions-Dr-Sam-Robbins/internet/HFL-Solutions-Dr-Sam-Robbins-I-am-72-years-old-and-a-retired-actor-living-on-my-Social-814123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HFL Solutions - Dr. Sam Robbins

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tracking number?

AUTHOR: Drsamrobbins - (U.S.A.)

What is the tracking number of the returned items? What I don't understand is how did you know where to send back the products, if you couldn't get a hold of anyone in our company?

So, you either DID get in touch with someone, they gave you the RMA # and you returned it. Or, you weren't able to get a hold of anyone in the company, as stated in the original post.

The other question is why didn't you use the online web form and email address that your receipts were sent from?

The credit card company resolved the charges!

AUTHOR: Jaws - (U.S.A.)

I did return the product when it was finally shipped to me.  I sent it insured so it could be tracked.  I received a emporary credit from the credit card company and after sending them copies of the other complaints in the rip off report they made my temporary credit permanent. I sent them copies proving I returned the supplements so they know that your allegations that I never returned the product were not true.

You made it very difficult by providing phone numbers that did not work as stated in above complaint.

The misunderstanding is an understatement as so many people misunderstand that you will be charging them a lot of money for things they do not want and if they do not keep proof of the return of the product you will say they used it or did not return it.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

resolved - misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Drsamrobbins - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your email Richard. Here's what happened during your order:

1. You selected monthly auto-ship for our products. This is probably because you received an ADDITIONAL 20% discount on that day's order, as well as future orders.

2. You were then charged a monthly for the products and you received them.

3. Every month, you also received an email confirmation receipt for that month's charges. Additionally, you received an itemized statement within each package received via USPS mail.

4. Our contact information, website support desk www.HFLsupport.com is printed on ALL receipts - via email and USPS mail.

5. In January of 2012, we stopped all future shipments, once you had finally contacted us via our website's support portal.

6. You consumed the products and/or you never sent them back, in order to receive a refund. We have 30-day refund policy on all orders, even when they have already been shipped.

.... So, I'm not sure why we were to be blamed. This was stated on the order form, during checkout, you agreed to the terms, you received email confirmations and receipts each and every month, as well as package inserts.

At our website, on ALL pages there are links to our support desk. Why you chose not to utilize them or even reply back to our emails, is something that I don't understand and maybe it was simply due to a misunderstanding.

Anyway, this has been resolved. I've given it my personal attention and my sincere apologies for any misunderstandings and inconveniences.

Warmest Regards
Dr. Sam Robbins

AUTHOR: Jaws - (U.S.A.)

I had my credit card company (Bank of America) block any further charges from HFL Solutions but they then billed me under a different name Dr. Sam Robbins and another $89 was taken out of my checking account.  I believe that these practices should be stopped and would invite other people wha have experienced this problem to join with me in a class action lawsuit and to make complainnts to State agencies.