Complaint Review: HH GREGG APPLIANCE STORE

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, October 31, 2002

• Reported By:DAYTON KY
HH GREGG APPLIANCE STORE
MALL ROAD FLORENCE, Kentucky U.S.A.

HH GREGG RIPOFF

*Consumer Comment: Return Policy's Suck

WE BOUGHT A COMPLETE COMPUTER SYSTEM FROM HH GREGG FOR CHRISTMAS FOR OUR CHILDREN AND THE PRINTER QUIT WORKING A MONTH LATER. I CALLED HH GREGG ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO SEND IT OFF AND HAVE IT SERVICED EVEN THOUGH IT IS UNDER WARRANTY. TO ME THIS IS NOT FAIR PRACTICE BECAUSE ANY OTHER STORE WOULD TAKE SOMETHING BACK IF IT QUIT WORKING AND REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE OR SEND IT OFF THEMSELVES. AFTER YOU PAY OVER 1000.00 ON SOMETHING IT SHOULD WORK RIGHT. HH GREGGS PRACTICE IS VERY UNFAIR AND I FOR ONE WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OF THERE PRODUCTS AGAIN. IM GOING TO TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. I HOPE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS WILL DO THE SAME.

Sammie
DAYTON, KY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-GREGG-APPLIANCE-STORE/FLORENCE-Kentucky-41042/HH-GREGG-RIPOFF-13085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH GREGG APPLIANCE STORE

Return Policy's Suck

AUTHOR: James - ()

In reply to your statement about returning to mgf., unfourtunatly this is now common practice with the majority of stores today. I have had the exact same problem with Circuit City, Best Buy, and Sams, (wholesale).

Basicly, stores no longer offer any sort of in house Wartanty. But most of the mfgr's know this and are re-writing their warranty's to specificly state that the product must be returned to them at your cost.

Typicly, they have a flat rate of about $50 USD to fix the problem. (even if the problem only cost's $5 USD to fix)We the consumers need to stand up and say enough is enough.

The most recent example for me is a DVD player purchased @ Sams club. The unit stopped working after about 3 months. When I went to take it back, I was told (and I quote) "that is not our problem, you need to send it back to the mfgr." The mfgr told me theyd fix it for shipping & $50 USD. And it would take 6-8 weeks.

I just bought another and said FU. The kicker is that they (the mfgr.) knew their was a problem with this particular unit. I found a website about these DVD's and on average, 1 in 3 was defective. But only cost $10 to fix.

They all suck. I just stopped buying large items all together. When I have to, I things in writing, and buy from the factory.

whereas