Complaint Review: HH GREGG

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 12, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
HH GREGG
www.hhgregg.com Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

HH GREGG You might not call this a rip-off but this is BY FAR the WORST customer service I've ever got The public should know about it Columbus Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: what happened?

After my experience with HH GREGG, I realized that it is not just one or two of their employees who don't care, it is their system. Their system is so disorganized and so not designed to take care of their customers. I think that the public needs to know about it.

After you read what I've been through, please let me know if you ever had any customer service worse than this.

I also started collecting testimonials from other unhappy customers and I will write letters to BBB, the president of HH Gregg, local newspapers, and TV stations. THIS KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED TO THE PUBLIC!

This is a long story so please bear with me.

I bought 4 appliances from HH. Gregg store in Columbus, OH last November (for the first time). The dishwasher was broken about 4 weeks ago and it is still under warranty.

March 9
I called the service center to schedule a service appt and it was scheduled for March 17. The CSR told me that somebody will call me between 7-9am to give me the time window.

March 17
I waited at home in the morning. Nobody called between 7 and 9am. I called them around 9:30am. After being put on hold for almost half an hour, a CSR told me that I wasn't even scheduled for that day because they didn't get directions from me. NOBODY EVEN ASKED ME FOR DIRECTION! I was furious. the CSR said "Well, people make mistakes... All we can do now is to reschedule you... the next appt available is next week..." I demanded an appt earlier than that. So she scheduled me for the next day and somebody will call me between 7- 9am.

March 18
Again, I didn't get any phone call by 9am. I called back at 9:20am. a CSR told me that somebody is coming out between noon and 3pm, AND somebody will call me 40 minutes in advance.

I waited till 1:30pm and no phone call. I became suspicious. I had to be in a meeting so I called my sister to ask her to go to my place to wait. She sent her boyfriend. When he got there around 2:05pm there was a note attached to the door saying the technician was there at 1:55pm and left.

I called the customer service center and asked the CSR to get hold of the technician to see if he could come back. Of course I complained that somebody should've called me 40 minutes in advance. She kept saying "the ticket didn't say you will get a phone call in advance. It is not our policy blah blah blah". Instead of fixing the problem, she was simply arguing with me on the phone. Finally she said she would call the technician and asked me to wait. Then I got disconnected. After calling them back a few times and talking to a few CSRs who could care less, finally somebody got hold of the technician but he just left the area and it was close to 3pm! I then spoke to a supervisor and after trying very hard, he scheduled the service for me for that Saturday.

March 19(notice: it was FRIDAY, not SATURDAY!)
Around 10:30am, the technician called me saying he is coming over between 1-3pm. I said I was scheduled for tomorrow, not today. He had no idea what I was talking about. I didn't want to argue, plus I just wanted to get this over with. so I said "please call me 40 minutes in advance." He said Yes. I waited in the office till 2pm and still no call. I called the technician back a few times and finally got hold of him around 2:45pm. He said he will come over in 45 minutes. I went home and waited on him. Finally he showed up but told me he didn't have the part to replace the broken pipe. They had to order it and it will take 3-10 days.

March 25
I got a call from HH. Gregg saying the part was in, and they scheduled me for March 31.

March 31
Again, nobody called between 7 -9am. The technician called around 10am and told me that the part is NOT in, I have to reschedule. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? The technician told me to check with the customer service center about the status of the order. I then called the service center and the CSR I spoke to said that she needs to check with the technician about the status of the order. DO THEY EVEN WORK IN THE SAME COMPANY?? Anyway, after a few phone calls back and forth, I got hold of the same supervisor and he found out that the part is actually in. So they rescheduled me again for the next day.

April 1
AGAIN, nobody called between 7-9am. I called them around 10am. they gave me the time window 12:30-3:30pm. WE WILL SEE HOW THEY DO THIS TIME!

PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE IF YOU ARE AN UNHAPPY HH. GREGG CUSTOMER. IF WE, AS CONSUMERS, ARE NOT TREATED RIGHT BY ANY BUSINESS, OTHER CONSUMERS DESERVE TO KNOW ABOUT IT ALSO!

Jenny
Columbus, Ohio

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on HHGregg

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2004 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-GREGG/Columbus-Ohio/HH-GREGG-You-might-not-call-this-a-rip-off-but-this-is-BY-FAR-the-WORST-customer-service-I-86233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH GREGG

what happened?

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

This story ends unfinished on april 1! What happened? did the tech ever come out? Inquiring minds want to know.