Complaint Review: HH Gregg, HHGregg GE

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:knoxville Tennessee
HH Gregg, HHGregg GE
Clinton Highway Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

HH Gregg, HHGregg GE What a ripoff Knoxville Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: BBB

*UPDATE Employee: Employee

My husband and I are so frustrated with this whol process of trying to get our TV replaced; it is truly pathetic. We too, have been through Norman Electronics, GE, HH Gregg customer service and even the manufacturer of the TV (Samsung); with no luck. We are now past the 8 wk mark and still no TV. So much for that "rest assured" GE extended warranty that HH Gregg wants to cram down your throat. What a BIG ripoff. I would just as soon saved my $500.00, and put 1,500.00 more with it and bought a new TV as opposed to all of the crap that we have been through trying to get this one replaced. The same TV that we bought 15 months ago for $4,000.00 is now $2,000.00. I am beginning to think that maybe they send you through these hoops thinking that eventually you will just give up and forget about the whole thing. The most annoying part is that everything is done over the phone; no person to person contact contact, where you can just walk into the office and say: OK I am not leaving here until we have a plan in writing. The only place that we could see someone face to face was at the HH Gregg store - in which they could not help us because we HAD bought the extended warranty. Give me a break...if you read half the complaints about this store it is because they DID NOT buy the extended warranty; ours was because we did. Seems to me that you are damned if you do and damned if you dont!

Misie
knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 01:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg-HHGregg-GE/Knoxville-Tennessee/HH-Gregg-HHGregg-GE-What-a-ripoff-Knoxville-Tennessee-287590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg, HHGregg GE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

BBB

AUTHOR: Beaten Betty Crocker - (U.S.A.)

I was imformed by someone in the know the best thing to do in the case of a business like hhgregg is to file a report with the Better Business Bureau. After a few reports the agency will give them a long hard look, and other who have a inclination to deal with them will be scared away if they check with the bbb

Employee

AUTHOR: Hh Gregg Employee - (U.S.A.)

WHAT YOU PURCHASED WAS AN EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT NO AN EXCHANGE CONTRACT. THEY WILL NOT JUST EXCHANGE THE TV. IF YOU BUY A NEW CAR AND THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT THEY WILL NOT JUST GIVE YOU A NEW CAR, THEY WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. JUST AS IT DOES WITH A CAR YOU HAVE TO ALLOW THE SERVICER TO GET THE CORRECT PARTS FOR THE TV. THIS CAN TAKE A LITTLE TIME. AS FOR THE WARRANTY IF THIS A REPEATED ISSUE GE DOES PROVIDE A NO LEMON CLAUSE WHICH STATES THEY WILL REPLACED THE UNIT WITH LIKE FEATURES AFTER THE THIRD TECH VERIFICATION EXCLUDING THE PERIOD COVERED BY THE MFG WARRANTY. IF YOU ARE HAVING REPEATED ISSUES WITH THE TV I WOULD SUGGEST CALLING GE CUSTOMER RELATIONS NUMBER. OUR HHGREGG SERVICE NUMBER CAN LINK YOU THERE AND THAT IS 1-800-284-7344.