Complaint Review: HH Gregg / Warrantech

• Updated: Thu, October 17, 2013

• Reported By: CWinJaxFL — Jacksonville Florida
HH Gregg / Warrantech
Jacksonville, Florida USA

HH Gregg / Warrantech Extended Warranty sold by HH Gregg is worthless Jacksonville Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry To Hear About Your Inconvenience

Purchased a nice refrig/freezer from hh gregg about 18 months ago, it was a floor model, good price, and the salesman said he would even "give a 3 yr warranty".  Of course, that meant he was adding an extended warranty charge to the invoice.  We mistakenly allowed it to happen.

Now, 18 months later, I contact hh gregg service. They refer me to a different phone number, saying it's handled by Warrantech.  The Warrantech rep takes the info, assigns a case number, and gives me the phone number of the service tech who is to handle the repair.  All seemed normal enough.

A week goes by, no call from the service tech. I call the number, and get voicemail, from some self-employed appliance tech who lives in GA, at least an hour north of Jacksonville.  I left a detailed message, and two more weeks have gone by without any sort of call back.

The extended warranty contract is clearly a TOTAL RIPOFF.  Do not ever let yourself be talked into buying one.  I don't have the time or patience to keep calling hh gregg, or Warrantech, or this useless repair guy, so I'll just have someone legitimate take a look at the unit and pay to have it repaired.\

Picture this:  Every time they successfully sell a service contract, after you leave the store, the salesmen do high-fives, the money is split between them and Warrentech or whoever else they deal with, claim costs are apparently zero, since they don't intend to actually fix anything anyway, they've just ripped you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg-Warrantech/Jacksonville-Florida/HH-Gregg-Warrantech-Extended-Warranty-sold-by-HH-Gregg-is-worthless-Jacksonville-Florid-1092554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg / Warrantech

Sorry To Hear About Your Inconvenience

AUTHOR: Warrantech - ()

I've forwarded your message to our customer service team. If you could please call them at 800-833-8801 or send them an email at info@warrantech.com explaining your situation, I'm sure that we can reach a resolution. Also, feel free to respond to me through this site and I'll do what I can to help.

drugs