Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Submitted: Thu, September 13, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2007

• Reported By:Augusta Georgia
HH Gregg
207 Robert C Daniel Parkway Augusta, Georgia U.S.A.

HH Gregg I was offered a store credit on an item that I had purchased a 2 year warranty on. Augusta Georgia

On March 10 2007 I bought a RTD209 5.1 HTIB, RCA, 5 DVD W/MP3 Player for $149.97 and also bought a SERGE4 - 2 Two Year warranty on this item for $18.00 for my protection in case of problems later. I carried this player back to HH Gregg on Robert C Daniel today September 13 2007 to try and get it replaced or repaired. I was informed by the Manager at HH gregg that they no longer carried this item anymore and that they could give me a store credit instead. I asked them to get a salesman to help me try and find something similar to this item and the closest thing he could find costed $199.95 without taxes. I do not see why I should have to pay an extra $50.00 for another model that doesn't look as good as the one I purchased originally. I think this manager should have given me a choice of returning this item to RCA for repairs or he should have given me the other item that was $50.00 more expensive. It was not my fault that they discontinued this item and I know it wasn't theirs either but I still hold them liable since I bought this item and the warranty from HH Gregg. If this is how they handle their customers, maybe the Better Business Bureau should look into their business practices. This will definitely be the last purchase I make from HH Gregg if this matter is not resolved promptly and to my satisfaction. I would advise anyone thinking about buying anything from HH Gregg to think twice before doing so. I have made several purchases from Best Buy and also Circuit City and never had any problem whatsoever with them making an item good that I had purchased an extended warranty on, and they stand behind their merchandise and always make sure their customers are satisfied. I would have thought that HH Gregg would have done the same, but apparently not. Teed off in Augusta Ga.

George
Augusta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2007 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Augusta-Georgia-30909/HH-Gregg-I-was-offered-a-store-credit-on-an-item-that-I-had-purchased-a-2-year-warranty-on-274552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg