Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Reported By: Ann — Ohio
HH Gregg
Beavercreek, Ohio USA

HH Gregg If you have a HH Gregg warranty your S.O.L! Beavercreek Ohio

I purchased a tablet in June of this year and it just now started having problems with the USB cord. The problem is with the USB cord not staying attached to the tablet.

I contacted the store where I purchased the tablet and had the rudest customer service that I've ever had with a company. The female that answered the phone kept asking for my phone number so many times that I had to yell it into the phone. I told her what the problem was and that I had purchased the 2 year warranty. She then told me that she would have to speak to her manager about it and put me on hold for almost 5 minutes. When she got back on the phone told me that I could bring it back and exchange it but I then would have to purchase a new warranty.

At no time when I first purchased the item did they tell me that I would have to purchase a new warranty if I used any part of the first one. I asked her if I continued to have this problem with this tablet, which means the product is defective, what would HH Gregg do. She told me if I didn't purchase the second warranty I was just S.O.L. My words not hers but that is the feeling I was getting from the conversation.

I then asked to speak to the manager because the female employee started to get huffy with me because I kept asking questions. I'm like alot of people that will ask questions until I know I'm understanding correctly. The manager got on the phone and was not very helpful at all. He said the same thing as the female employee but with more sarcasm.

Before I got off the phone with him I told him I wanted to file a complaint about the employee and was met with more sarcasm. He told me "yeah, we'll take care of it." The manager had such a nonchalant attitude about the complaint that I'll be sending a complaint to corporate about him too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2013 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Beavercreek-Ohio/HH-Gregg-If-you-have-a-HH-Gregg-warranty-your-SOL-Beavercreek-Ohio-1103741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg