Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Submitted: Mon, October 16, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsville Kentucky
HH Gregg
1785 Campbell Lane Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.A.

HH Gregg Does not honor purchased extended warranties Bowling Green Kentucky

*Author of original report: HH Gregg doesn't get any better- ever

I purchased 2 digital camera and 3 year extended warranties at the new HHGregg in Bowling Green, KY last November to give as Xmas gifts to our daughters. In the past I had made similar purchases from ---- and had always been pleased with how they honored their service contracts. I chose to purchase from HH Gregg because we own a newspaper and we like to spread our purchases around to many merchants. I am now sorry that I didn't stick with a company that I knew to be good.

In August one of the cameras broke. I took it in to the store. People at the store said the turn-around time was 4-6 weeks. I wasn't happy with that, but what could I do. So, I have waited.

After 4 weeks I called. Person who answers phone is extremely rude. She transferred me to some sort of menu hell multiple times. When I call her back she tells me that the camera is not back and she doesn't know when it will be. It usually takes 10-15 minutes of her looking around to even get that much information from her.

2 weeks ago when I called she again blew me off telling me that she didn't know anything about the camera. Before she disconnected the line some other employee came on the line and said he had worked at HH Gregg longer than the young woman. He told me to come in and that a manager would see me and replace the camera.

So, today I went in. The young woman found my paperwork and headed towards a sideroom. She quite obviously alerted a herd of customer reps to me because 5 male heads swivelled in my direction. I immediately became the enemy.

15 minutes later an unidentified managerial type of guy heads my way with the paper in my hand. He proceeded to tell me that he didn't know where the camera was because the service people are supposed to update the report and that nothing has been updated.

I asked him what my next step was. He said, "I am telling you that I don't know anything and can't help you." So he writes down the 800 number from hell and hands me my paperwork.

I actually called the 800 number as soon as I got home. This is the same number that the BG customer service girl has transferred me to all 8 times I have called. AFter you go through the menu from hell you always discover that they are closed.

So, that's my story. I don't know what I will do next. I am just wanting all of you to know... DON'T BUY ANYTHING from HH GREGG!

Carolyn
Scottsville, Kentucky

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on HHGregg

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2006 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Bowling-Green-Kentucky-42101/HH-Gregg-Does-not-honor-purchased-extended-warranties-Bowling-Green-Kentucky-216129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg

HH Gregg doesn't get any better- ever

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

Took camera #2 in. They aren't honoring that warranty at all.

Do NOT shop with H H Gregg.