Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Submitted: Thu, July 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 29, 2004

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
HH Gregg
7200 Brookpark Road Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

HH Gregg rip-off! The manager practically called me a liar! Bad equipment! Cleveland Ohio

I purchased a personal DVD player at HH Gregg along with a three year extended warranty. The first time the machine had service due to it freezing up in the middle of a movie, it took approx. four weeks to get it back from the service department UNFIXED. It was then returned to the service department who finally fixed the problem two weeks later.

The second time I had to send the machine for service because the pin inside the plug on the back of the machine broke off inside the AC adapter. I took the machine in to the HH Gregg store and off to service it went (I believe their service department is actually in Indiana).

Two weeks later I contacted HH Gregg and much to my amazement the machine was ready for pick up. We arrive at the store only to find they NEVER FIXED IT. It was returned to the store because the service department said the damage was due to "neglect and abuse" because we were using the wrong AC adapter with the machine. The store then handed me the broken machine and a Compaq computer power cord. I explained to the manager that we did not bring the DVD player in with a Compaq cord, I do not own a Compaq computer, have never owned a Compaq computer and don't know anyone else who does.

I explained to the man that I brought the correct power cord in when I dropped the machine off because we stood there and showed the woman who took the machine the broken piece still in the AC adapter cord!!! The manager practically called me a liar and tried to make me take the Compaq power cord (which probably belongs to some other customer's computer). We were treated terribly by this manager and they refused to fix the DVD player unless I paid for the repairs.

I wasted $800.00 on a DVD player I can not watch and another $100.00 for an extended warranty. Be aware, should the service department decide they don't feel like fixing your product all they have to do is cry NEGLECT and you will be SOL.

I will never purchase another product from this company NO MATTER WHAT and I will discourage everyone who crosses my path from purchasing anything from this company. (Name removed by ripoffreport.com) is going to see a lot of me, my friends, my family and anyone else I can encourge to purchase there. As for the DVD player, it's a good thing I work for an attorney!!!

Lisa
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2004 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Cleveland-Ohio-44129/HH-Gregg-rip-off-The-manager-practically-called-me-a-liar-Bad-equipment-Cleveland-Ohio-101165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg