Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Submitted: Thu, December 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 07, 2006

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
HH Gregg
4161 E 96th St Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

HH Gregg - H.H. Gregg - TOPS Poor service extended warranty TOPS ripoff unhelpful customer service terrible company Indianapolis Indiana

I bought a 27" Sony television from HH Gregg a few years ago, along with a $99 extended warranty. This past October, the TV stopped working, so I brought it in to HH Gregg in Indianapolis for repair, along with a detailed list of the problems.

It came back a few weeks later, but nothing was fixed. They had done an "alignment" of my TV, but it still didn't work (how do you align a TV, anyway?). So I brought it back.

It's now nearing the middle of December, and my TV is still not repaired. It's only a 27" CRT television -- it's not a plasma, LCD, or other "high tech" kind of appliance. Yet they don't know when it will be repaired. The customer service rep suggested that I call their service contractor (TOPS) myself and inquire if I so choose. No thanks. I need a new TV, not more frustration and time spent on hold.

I asked for my $99 warranty fee to be refunded, since they can't fix my TV in a timely manner. They said they couldn't do that. Only if something goes in for repair three times or is deemed unrepairable will they consider refunding a service contract.

I'd advise anyone who lives in a town with HH Gregg stores to avoid them. They are not an honorable company, and they don't seem to care about the satisfaction of their customers.

And no matter where you shop, don't buy an extended warranty. It's never worth it.

Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2006 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/HH-Gregg-HH-Gregg-TOPS-Poor-service-extended-warranty-TOPS-ripoff-unhelpful-customer-224246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg