Complaint Review: HH Gregg

• Submitted: Fri, November 08, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, November 08, 2002

• Reported By:Indianapolis IN
HH Gregg
East side of Indianapolis Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

HH Gregg Billing Issues the rip-off business that doesn't give a damn Indianapolis Indiana

HH Gregg continues to be incompetent!

My husband and I were in the process of moving to a different state. My husband received a promotion, and we were transferring, and we were, in a state of confusion, as one might imagine.

Right after our move to a different state, we were back in Indiana tying up loose ends. My husband wanted to put a different stereo in his car and we went to HH Gregg (east-side of Indianapolis) to have the installation done. We informed the sales clerk of our new address to send the bill (we put it on our HH Gregg Credit Card) and she according to her she changed the system to reflect the new address (her exact words). We also went to the customer service desk to confirm this, and they did.

We went back to our new home state trying to sort through all the boxes myself and our 4 children acclimated to their new surroundings. Both my husband and I completely forgot about the stereo installation. We never received a bill, until one day a collection notice finds its way to our new home. It was HH Gregg for the stereo installation. I thought...oops need to call and explain what happened, and to let them know that we changed our address with HH Gregg. I have never been treated so rude in my life, and not by the collection agency. I called HH Gregg directly. They voided the credit card and were so rude on the phone, and wouldn't listen to anything I had to say.

That was 8 years ago, and needless to say, we haven't bought one thing from them since. I go to Best Buy for all my appliance and electronic needs.

This is just another example of how they make you think that it is taken care of, and they drop the ball and blame you.

C
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2002 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HH-Gregg/Indianapolis-Indiana/HH-Gregg-Billing-Issues-the-rip-off-business-that-doesnt-give-a-damn-Indianapolis-Indiana-34590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HH Gregg