Complaint Review: HHGregg - GE Appliances Service Protection - LG

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
HHGregg - GE Appliances Service Protection - LG
2784 Cumberland Blvd Smyrna, Georgia U.S.A.

HHGregg - GE Appliances Service Protection - LG RIP OFF and poor customer service Smyrna Georgia

I purchased a top of the line LG washing machine (along with 15k of other major appliances at this locations)and purchased the 5 year extended warranty. My washing machine broke, I called the store, they said contact GE Appliances, as this is who your warranty is through. NUMEROUS calls later, GE sent out a repairman to tell my LG washing machine needs a new motor and this is covered under the LG warranty and therefore the part (motor) must be ordered from LG. LG does not have the part-how can this be so? No-one called me back to tell me this, GE has me running in cirlces, three emails to LG, no response from them. Long story short, I paid about 2k for a top end washing machine and a warranty, it is broken, not repaired or replaced and I can't get anyone to call me back with a solution. HH Gregg does not care about it's customers, only spending the money in the store, once you purchase, it's a pass the buck exercise and not their problem. GE Service warranty is a joke, they shuffle you all over and still can not get a direct answer or my machine fixed, a waste of money-do NOT buy extended warranties, it isn't worth the headache and your time. Two weeks later, I ahve no washing machine and no resolution, and LG never responded either. You would think with the economy hurting the way it is, these companies would invest in their customer service. Guess not. We will see, I reported each of them to the better Business Bureau and wrote each of the CEO's. stick with reputable places.

Kim atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg-GE-Appliances-Service-Protection-LG/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/HHGregg-GE-Appliances-Service-Protection-LG-RIP-OFF-and-poor-customer-service-Smyrna-G-411153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg - GE Appliances Service Protection - LG