Complaint Review: HHGregg

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: PJEsq — North Carolina United States of America
HHGregg
4151 E 96th St Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

HHGregg is a Ripoff. Unfair Trade Practices and Breach of Contract Indianapolis, Indiana

On 2/2/2013, I purchased a Samsung 60" television from HHGregg in Greensboro, NC. HHGregg was running a Super Bowl weekend special on televisions as were other competitors in the marketplace (Best Buy, Sears, etc.). The television was priced at $1797.00 I was informed that there were no more available in the store and that it could be delivered within a week. My wife and I opened and HHgregg credit card and purchased the television. We were informed that we would be contacted when it came in. We received a call from Jerome (salesperson) that the television was delivered.

On Saturday (2/9/2013), I went to HHgregg to pick up the television. After a long wait, I was informed that the television was not available and that HHgregg had no more available to sell me. I asked if HHgregg intended to complete the terms of our transactions and was informed that they could not. I contacted HHgregg corporate and again was told that they could not do anything for me other than give me my money back (which was not an option given the fact that I could not purchase the same television at the agreed to price).

They said that they were not ordering any more of this model and that they could not ship the television from another geographic region. Apparently, HHgregg is not concerned about breaching its contracts with consumers. This is clearly an unfair trade practice that should be STOPPED. HHgreggs supervisor (Joyce) again confirmed that they were not going to be able to complete the contract that they made with me and they could not doing anything for me. There were unwilling to substitute a similar Samsung 60 (model 8000) based upon the claim that Samsung controlled the prices at which they sold the televisions and the model was now more expensive.

If I knew that HHgregg was going to defraud me, I would have purchased the television from either BestBuy or Sears, which were running a similar special for $1797.00. Now the price to purchase from these stores is $2500+. HHgregg should be investigated for selling items that it does not have available (and continuing to advertise them). (Note: The same television that I purchased that HHgregg says they cannot sell me remains listed on its website at $2497.99.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg/Indianapolis-Indiana-/HHGregg-is-a-Ripoff-Unfair-Trade-Practices-and-Breach-of-Contract-Indianapolis-Indiana-1015779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg