Complaint Review: HHGregg

• Submitted: Mon, December 10, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2003

• Reported By:Indpls In
HHGregg
3651 Commercial Drive Indpls, Indiana U.S.A.

Rip Off from HHGregg *REBUTTALS

*UPDATE Employee: You have never done anything wrong at your job?

*Consumer Comment: I told the union

*Consumer Comment: To Tina (the employee)

*UPDATE Employee: Rebutal for hhgregg

*0: ridiculous Rip Off report about HH Gregg

*0: I AM THE FIRST ONE TO RAISE HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS WHEN I DON'T THINK I WAS TREATED FAIRLY.

*0:

About 2 months ago I bought a 52" tv. I got to the store early since they delivered the same day. I was told they were out of that brand but would deliver it to me in 2 days. They had a program that if they did not have a certain item then you would get the next level up at the same price. I arranged to have a delivery for the morning since I had to go to a funeral that evening. My tv got delivered at 6:30 pm. So I missed the funeral.

The tv in 2 weeks needed to be exchanged due to the fact the color did not work. So I made an appointment for AM delivery. The tech told me "NO PROBLEM" Well on that day I called at noon to see where they were. I was told that since it was an exchange they changed my time to any time delivery. So I got the exchange at 5:30 pm. Another fun day of sitting around the house waiting. I called them to tell them that the way they have it hooked up I cant use my picture in picture. They told me they would handle it and make the arrangements. Well their idea of taking care of it is to ugnore me. Even after several calls.

I am in the process of going to the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. I have also gone another way to get my point out. I ma retired from the fire department. I have gotten on the web adn sent a message to every fire department union in the US. I have asked them to contact their union brothers asking them to ingnore HHGregg.

I also asked that anyone who did buy an item somewhere else than HHGregg to let me know about it. I love my union brothers because of how much has been bought other places. 85 bigscreens, 176 pairs of washers and dryers,95 ovens adn over 437 refrigerators adn feezers. That is just here in Indiana. I will continually do my best to have union brothers and friends avoid Greggs. I guess they should have followed thier own policies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg/Indpls-Indiana/Rip-Off-from-HHGregg-REBUTTALS-8994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg

You have never done anything wrong at your job?

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

What a bunch of hooey. What if they had a delivery/install that took a little longer? What if they had a flat tire? What if they delivered to a customer that suddendly decided they want the tv in the upstairs, and we have to take a door off or something?

Are you perfect? You have never done anything wrong at your job? Your work is perfect? if so, we are hiring.

Get your priorities straight.

Its obvious you where haveing hard times do to
the funeral. Guess what though i've bought tons of stuff from hhgregg an they don't promise a set
time. So if they did that for you it would have been a cutasey . I'm sorry but if the funeral was so important I would have gone an rescheduled
I think your making this a lot more dramatic than it realy was an 2 you went in to buy a peace of junk tv no doubt an since they were outa stock they gave you the next best modle an

To Tina (the employee)

AUTHOR: John - ()

If HHGregg lived up to their delivery schedules what difference would what the consumer had planned the his day.

Assumming that HHGregg is in the customer service business a.m. delivery should have happened before 11:59 a.m. period. It is not consumer friendly to imply that the lack of commitment that HHGreggs has shown is in anyway the customer fault. I am a HHGregg shopper, but to insure that I never run employees like Tina, I will only purchase items I can carry home.

Rebutal for hhgregg

AUTHOR: Tina - ()

This is a response from the gentleman who had a complaint on his delivery for his big screen. As an employee I thank him for his patronage, however, why would anyone schedule a delivery for ANY item the same day as a funeral. Deliverys are notorious (even us, sorry guys) for never being on time, although we do our best.

A better solution would have been for the delivery to be made on a day that was better for his schedule. As for the service, I do agree that sometimes all employees are not always on the same page(no excuses though).

If he had not gotten satisfaction after the first call, a better solution would be to ask for a manager to resolve the situation. We do stress customer satisfaction above all else, but we are not perfect.

Also if I had to go to a funeral for a loved one, a tv would have waited for another day and I would have gone to the funeral.....

#8 0

ridiculous Rip Off report about HH Gregg

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: LLL707@aol.com
Their name: Ken Lesko

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:
I typed in HHGregg simply to find the web address to find a price on something, and got this ridiculous Rip Off report about HH Gregg. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Best Buy, who also uses GE capital as their card company, all same as cash deals, and have NO Complaints about the way they do business. I buy the stuff, they finance me with an itemized statement each month, I send a payment in, 1 week
previous to due date, and I continue on with my life. I haven't purchased anything from HH Gregg yet, but I did fill out the form and received my card from GE. In my opinion, if you have a complaint about the credit card company, make it known. But, if the store you purchased the merchandise from treated you OK, don't give them a bad name. Go after the card company because the store really has nothing to do with payments after the sale.
As an after thought, the sales people at the newly opened HH Gregg in Cleveland, are much more knowledgeable than the kids they hire at Best Buy. By the way, if you want to be treated poorly by a credit card company, try Chase. They charge $12.00 for a phone payment!

#9 0

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: Rcarmean@columbus.rr.com

Their name: BOB CARMEAN

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

I BOUGHT MANY ITEMS FROM HH GREGG I'M SORRY YOU HAD PROBLEMS TRUST ME I AM THE FIRST ONE TO RAISE HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS WHEN I DON'T THINK I WAS TREATED FAIRLY.

I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR THIS SIGHT WHEN I FOUND IT I WAS

ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR HH GREGG'S CUSTOMER SERVICE SIGHT TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THE TWO GUYS THAT CAME OUT TO REPAIR AND SERVICE MY WASHER, THE FIRST MAN DID A ROUTINE CHECK UP AND ORDERED A NEW DRUM ON 11/03/01 AND THE OTHER ONE CAME OUT AND REPLACED THE NEW DRUM ON 12/11/01 WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL.

I AM A UNION SERVICE ELECTRICIAN SO I KNOW THESE GUYS WERE

TRAINED WELL IN THE WAY THE THEY HANDLED THEMSELVES AND ME.BOTH TIMES I GOT A CALL AT 7:00AM-8:00AM THE DAY OF SERVICE TO TELL ME A TIME SLOT AND A CALL JUST BEFORE THEY ARRIVED. I CAN ONLY HOPE AND BELIEVE THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.

#10 0