Complaint Review: HHGregg

HHGregg
3480 William Penn Highway Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

HHGregg deceptive tactics Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

9-4-2011
I inquired about a glass top stove as I have never owned one. I asked sales rep Earnest Johnson about cleaning and care of the glass top. I advised him that I was concerned that the glass top would be delicate and require special care. Mr. Johnson assured me that it is not delicate and can be used with cast iron cookware and abrasive cleaners. I advised Mr. Johnson that I was unable to transport the stove this day and asked about picking it up another day. He advised me that if I have it delivered that I will receive a rebate for the full delivery cost. I agreed to purchase the stove and schedule a delivery.

9-6-2011
My husband tried to download the delivery rebate form and discovered that the form said the rebate is only available on appliances $499 and up. We paid $449 for the stove. I called HHGregg and Rita answered the phone. She placed me on hold for several minutes and then transferred me without informing me that she was doing so. The next person answered and immediately placed me on hold. I called back and was placed on hold again without even a greeting. I called again and asked for a manager.  The manager, Amanda, agreed to refund the delivery fee due to the misinformation.

9-7-2011
The stove was delivered and there was a sheet of paper taped to the front. It contained a list of warnings including, no cast iron, no abrasive cleaners, etc. I called HHGregg corporate customer service to file a complaint against the sales person for the misleading information. The corporate rep contacted the local store and advised me that the appliance manager would be contacting me to organize a replacement. The appliance manager, Amanda, called and offered to have me pick out a similar coil top electric stove and she would have it delivered and the glass top removed at no charge. We went into the store at 7 PM and asked for the manager. The sales rep who had misled us followed us around the store and insisted several times on helping us again. I explained to him 4 times that we were instructed to work with a manager and he finally got us the GM. The GM, Kelsy, took our order and advised us that we would get a small refund (around $20) on top of the delivery cost refund. He advised us that there were 20 of this unit in stock and he would place the order in the morning for a Friday or Saturday delivery.

9-8-2011
Kelsy called and advised my husband that they do not have any in stock and they would not be able to replace the stove until sometime next week at the earliest. We refused and requested to return the unit and have our money refunded. Kelsy then became much less helpful and insisted that he would not refund any money until they picked up the stove. He would only schedule the pick up for the following week even though they had open appointments on Friday and Saturday. My husband called corporate and escallated the call to a supervisor who got us on the Friday schedule for pick up.

9-9-2011
The stove was picked up and peperwork signed to confirm pick up. I called HHGregg corporate customer service to confirm the refund. They transferred me to the store where the managers have already been unwilling to help. The store rep refused to submit the refund stating that the stove was not back to the warehouse yet (the warehouse is in Maryland, I am in Pennsylvania). I advised her that I have the receipt signed showing that the stove was picked up. She refused to do anything until the warehouse receives the unit. Her supervisor also refused any assistance and hung up on me. They have since been refusing to accept any phone calls from us. They have over $600 of our money and refuse to even begin the refund process.

* I was polite the entire time on all calls. The hang up and refusal to answer are not the result of me screaming or swearing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15235/HHGregg-deceptive-tactics-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-774816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg