Complaint Review: HHGregg

• Reported By: Angry — Broomall Pennsylvania United States of America
HHGregg
Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

HHGregg BAIT AND SWITCH - UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGMENT TEAM Wilmington, Delaware

Several months ago we purchased $5,000 worth of electronics from HHGregg only to have the delivery not made three days in a row!  The right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. I swore I would never do business with them again.

My husband was looking for a T.V. and found one at HH Gregg.  He suggested we talk to the Manager, Terence to see if he could ensure quality customer care.  Terence apologized profusely for our past situation and if we bought the t.v. from him he would have them deliver and install it at no charge since we had so many other issues.  He suggested we send out a consultant for $99 to determine exactly what is needed.  Once that was done he would credit us back the $99.

Today my husband I go back into HHGregg in Wilmington and meet with the Sales Rep who wrote the order up for Terence-he was not part of the original deal.  When I asked him why he was charging our card an additional $249 he said we had to pay for the install.  I told him that this was not what was agreed to and ask for Terence.  I was told that Terence was on vacation but this sales person told me "I was right there and Terence never told you the installation was free!".  I pointed out that he was NOT there, that Terence had to find him to write up the order and I did not appreciate being called a liar.

He said "I'm done with you, you have talk to the manager".  The manager comes up after several minutes of listening to his employee and starts off without listening and states that this is the price.  My husband said that he didn't appreciate the way we were being spoke to and he said then cancel your order which we promptly did!  He then stated very smuggly and rudely, "By the way the $99 consulting fee is non-refundable". I proceeded to explain this was part of the deal and he said I'm done. ... this is over you just lost $100!

I am so DONE with this organization.  They hire inmcompetent bullies who talk you into something and hope that you aren't bright enough to remember what was agreed up. Honestly their advertisement is so insulting about being family business....they don't care about you  - all that want is your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg/Wilmington-Delaware-19810/HHGregg-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-UNPROFESSIONAL-MANAGMENT-TEAM-Wilmington-Delaware-945198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg