Complaint Review: HIDKit.com

• Updated: Sat, September 11, 2010

• Reported By: Harvey — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
HIDKit.com
800 Nicolette Mall, Suite 1180 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

HIDKit.com KASA auto parts Terrible customer service. Will take you money Minneapolis, Minnesota

On 09/06/2010 I tried to order HID lights but when submitted it said "basket empty" so I ordered again.Right away I get emails for 2 orders. I immediately cancel. Customer service assured me of the cancellation as it had only been 3 minutes

.He tells me that we need to change my 2nd order because the computer is wrong.He says I need 2 8000K bulbs at $140 and a fog light kit.I never got the corrected emails so I called about 6 times in 2 days.I'm assured that the order was cancelled and that no charges would go through.

On the 8th I get an email saying that part of the cancelled order and part of the second order was shipping which was incorrect. I call to see why and was told to just return it and pay a 25% restocking fee since they shipped it anyway. I asked him why did it ship and was told "I don't know."

On the second order(Salesman incorrectly ordered)2 regular bulbs for $140 that are already factory on my car instead of two 8000K bulbs and a kit.I call them and they tell me that it just looks that way on the invoice but it's really the right items.

Feeling uncomfortable, I call again and this time I'm told again I need to do a return at my expense and pay 25% restocking fee on their salesman's incorrect order. I asked to speak to a manager.

The rep Derek says"hold on" The manager "David" comes to the phone and talks for a couple of minutes, tells me to "hold on" and hangs up in my face.I call back and ask to speak with "David" and heard laughter as he hangs up again.

I called a third time. A rep named Craig answered and I said I need to speak to David! He tells me that no one name David works there, they don't have managers. I told him what's happening so he tries to get the fees waived and says the OWNER Max says no.

I tried to track these "so called" packages and the USPS has no record of them even being shipped.The company is in Minneapolis and I am in Alabama.They aren't even going by their return or cancellation policy.The order was placed on the 6th and cancelled 3 minutes later,before the charges and 2 days before it supposedly shipped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2010 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIDKitcom/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/HIDKitcom-KASA-auto-parts-Terrible-customer-service-Will-take-you-money-Minneapolis-Min-639610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIDKit.com