Complaint Review: HIGH Q AUTO

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: B BASSETT — JOHNSON CITY Tennessee United States of America
HIGH Q AUTO
1600 W SUNRISE BLVD FT.LAUDERDALE,FL 33311 ft.lauderdale, Florida United States of America

HIGH Q AUTO THEY SOLD ME A USED 2008 TOYOTA AVALON FOR $15K THAT THE ENGINE BLEW UP THAT HAD 61K MILES ON IT AS IS AND DIDN'T OFFER ANY WARRANTY. ft.lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: $15,000 Investment on a Toyoto Avalon

*Consumer Comment: Not a good idea

*Consumer Comment: additional advice

*Consumer Comment: Sorry your purchase was not what was advertised...

On 06-13-12 We purchased a 08 Toyota Avalon with 61000 miles from High Q Auto in Ft Lauderdale Fl online at AutoTrader.com AS IS with no extended warranty. I got a quote to purchase an extended warranty with the local dealership once I brought the car home. After negotiating a purchase price we needed to pay a $500 deposit to lock in the agreement and hold the vehicle. Sls rep stated they inspected the car and its in Good Condition. After reviewing the Carfax, pics and the Vehicle description that was on AutoTrader.com we assumed everything was good. Come to find out the description online didnt match the options that the vehichle had(ex:Vehicle had cloth seats, description said leather) So I was going to back out the deal but I already paid the deposit and they told me that the deposit was non refundable. We were going to fly from TN to FL to pic up the car and drive it back but Sls rep advised that they can ship me the car for $600. 1 week goes by and they cant find a transportation company to ship to my location. So I changed the shipping address to ATL and booked a Transportation company myself that day. A week later I picked the car up in ATL on Sat had a appointment to get the car inspected by a Toyota dealership that afternoon before driving home on Sunday. The car wouldnt start to unload the car off the trailer.(ONLY 1 KEY and no KEY FOBS was provided by the dealer in which I didnt know). So the Driver boost the battery then thought to check the engine and it was low on oil. There was no gas in the car so luckily I was close by a gas station. I put gas & oil in the car. Sun morning driving home approximately 3 hrs into the trip and the car ENGINE BLOWS OUT about 1hr from my house. I called the dealership once we pulled over and spoke to the Owner Eli. He had nothing to say but have it towed to the dealership. I had the car towed to the Toyota dealership where I live and was told 2 pistons blew out the core of the engine and needed another engine(their cost $9081). Two other quotes($5500, $6600). Come to find out this was a pre-existing condition. I called the dealership once we pulled over and spoke to the Owner Eli. He had nothing to say. A week later after I got the diagnosis I called the dealership to see if they would at least split the cost of the repairs. I was told Eli was out of town for 3 weeks. So I spoke to a FL & TN attorney and was told there was nothing I can do in a court of law because I purchased AS IS. I didnt even get home to get warranty on the car. I was told I could have purchased a 30 day warranty from the dealership by the attorney but a lot too late. I would advise ANYONE who is looking to purchase a car online NOT TO PURCHASE from HIGH Q AUTO in FT LAUDERDALE, FL as they sell Poor Cars, Advertise False information about the vehicles, Dont service the vehicles they sell and Very Poor Customer Service. Also read all the other Bad Reviews documented with BBB in which they arent a member.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIGH-Q-AUTO/ftlauderdale-Florida-33311/HIGH-Q-AUTO-THEY-SOLD-ME-A-USED-2008-TOYOTA-AVALON-FOR-15K-THAT-THE-ENGINE-BLEW-UP-THAT-927709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIGH Q AUTO

$15,000 Investment on a Toyoto Avalon

AUTHOR: Roy - (U.S.A.)

like they say it was a Gamble...I own 3 Toyotas,,2 corollas +1 camry...Just replaced the alternator on the 09 corolla...I have never known a Engine to blow out...With that said you could have financed a 2012 Corolla for less than $18,000 with a 3yr warranty....It is really a sad situation...I would take the $6,ooo or so engine replacement..to repair the car +buy a warranty...Avalons are somewhat expensive but over the long run it will suffice for the expense....advise you to keep up the maintenace on any old or new car...

Not a good idea

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You said " I would advise ANYONE who is looking to purchase a car online NOT TO PURCHASE from HIGH Q AUTO in FT LAUDERDALE, "

The only thing I would add to this is to never purchase a car online PERIOD.

A used car is always a pig in a poke even if it's local and you've done all your homework and taken all the precautions.  Buying a car site unseen on the Internet is a recipe for disaster.

Your situation sucks and I wish you luck.  I just hope this helps other folks.

additional advice

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I would advise ANYONE who is looking to purchase a car online NOT TO PURCHASE from HIGH Q AUTO in FT LAUDERDALE"

Here's additional advice: Never purchase a vehicle sight unseen and test-drive a vehicle prior to purchase.

Sorry your purchase was not what was advertised...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Your posting here may help others avoid this situation.

Buying ANY car  without seeing it and test driving it is usually a gamble, at best.

Buying it AS-IS would be another red flag.  The seller knows they aren't responsible for ANY repairs.

Hope this, somehow, works out for you....good luck.