Complaint Review: HIKO Energy, LLC

• Reported By: Olga — BAYONNE New Jersey
HIKO Energy, LLC
12 College Road, Suite 100 Monsey, New York USA

HIKO Energy, LLC Price is not as advertised Monsey New York

I was convinced by HIKO Energy representative Travis to choose them as a third party gas and electric supplier. Travis came to my home and was very persevering, he promised me guaranteed savings and one month free. On my signed agreement with HIKO Energy stated that they guarantee 1-7% lower price than my local utility. On the first bill I received instead of savings I was overcharged $74.05 comparing to what PSE&G would charge me. I cancelled their service but it takes 2-3 billing circles to switch. On my second bill they overcharged me $198.09. I already oberpayed them $272.14 and I still have 1.5 more months to pay them.

For some reasons PSE&G cannot terminate contract immediately even though it's an emergency. HIKO Energy don't answer the phone, do not return messages. Board of Public Utilities said they receive countless calls from the customers like me, but they can't help. They licensed HIKO Energy but they don't regulate them. I don't know where to seek help. I'm a single mother living in an apartment with a little child and they just rip me off! Its cold months now and the heating system works on gas.  And of course I never received promised one month free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIKO-Energy-LLC/Monsey-New-York-10952/HIKO-Energy-LLC-Price-is-not-as-advertised-Monsey-New-York-1128481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIKO Energy, LLC