Complaint Review: HIKO Energy LLC

• Reported By: Josh — Akron Ohio
HIKO Energy LLC
12 College Road Suite 100 Monsey, New York USA

HIKO Energy LLC Deceptive scam artists. Monsey New York

I was contacted by Hiko energy regarding a "program that will reduce my electric bill".  I was promised on the phone that my monthly electric bill would be reduced by 15% and that I would also be reimbursed for one of my bills after 12 months of service.

To me this sounded fantastic, what a way to save money....but just like most things...if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

My first bill from Hiko energy was over $200.00.  Up to that point my preious high was $130.00.  I just assumed it was due to the extreme cold month we had and didn't think anything of it.  The following month my bill was up to $330.37.

Please keep in mind that i live in a 1 bedroom apartment and my fiance and I work 12 hour shifts....so we are never home....and we don't leave lights on.

I tried calling Hiko every day for a week and left several messages.  I would have stayed on hold to talk to somebody but that isn't an option.  They make you leave a message and say that "we will get back to you within one business day".  After a week of leaving messages and receiving no call back i'm left with no option but to pay the bill.

After contacting ohio edison i realilzed that not only did Hiko not deliver on the 15% reduction in my electric bill.  The rate they were charging is almost 3 times what I was being charged.

I still have not heard back from Hiko and i have to pay the bill before my electric gets turned off.  This company is criminal...they prey on people and make false promises.

The fact that they won't even let me stay on hold to talk to someone just shows me how little they care about providing good customer service and how aware they are that they are ripping off their customers.  I guess i'm not terribly surprised that they won't call me back because they know they ripped me off....what i'm surprised at is that they are getting away with this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2014 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIKO-Energy-LLC/Monsey-New-York/HIKO-Energy-LLC-Deceptive-scam-artists-Monsey-New-York-1131075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIKO Energy LLC