Complaint Review: HIKO Energy LLC

• Submitted: Wed, February 26, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 26, 2014

• Reported By: yury — Fair Lawn New Jersey
12 College Rd Monsey, Select State/Province USA

HIKO Energy LLC I and my wife are senior citizens, owning a small house in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. My Power Co is PSEG in NJ. In August 2013 somebody from HIKO called promissing to reduce about 20% of my gas and electricity bills. Instead of this they increased the gas and electric rates 2 -2.7 times, compare to the PSEG rates in the last two months. Karen, the person I spoke in customer service last told that this was a spike with gas of 40%, in February the rates on gas and electricity Jumped more than double, and I decided to quit the services. She gave me Conformation number, but told, that it would take up to 60 days. I am afraid, that I will be ripped off even more. I would like you to investigate this, and protect me. Monsey, New York

I and my wife own small house in Fair Lawn, NJ. My power Co is PSEG of NJ. In August 2014 I had call from HIKO Co offering to cut about 20% of my electric and gas bill, this shoul be intended for senior citizens, which I and my wife are. First 4 months we did not see any difference. When I called Karen in customer service, she tolled me that they following current rates in the industry, but in Jan 2014 gas rate increased about 40%, which she explained, gas jumped 40% everywhere. In few days ago the bill got such astronomical sum, that I calculated the rates: the gas was 2times higher and the electric 2.7 times higher, than before. I check the PSEG rates online: they were normal: gas .89c /term and electric 12.5c /kWH and called HIKO, spoke again with Karen. I asked her for the rates: she gave me:  gas $1.29 /term, electric 29c /kWH. She find this correct - just the rates even went higher. So, I was afraid to continue HIKO service, and asked her to disconnect it. She told me that it would take upto 60 days to do so. Now I am afraid, that they would use this 60 days to ripp me off even more.

Please stop this scum, and help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIKO-Energy-LLC/Monsey-Select-StateProvince-10952/HIKO-Energy-LLC-I-and-my-wife-are-senior-citizens-owning-a-small-house-in-Fair-Lawn-New-1126785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIKO Energy LLC