Complaint Review: HILTON HOTEL

• Category: Hotel

HILTON HOTEL HILTON HOTEL AUTUMN01 Special carrollton , Texas

*Author of original report: HILTON HOTEL AUTUMN SPECIAL

*General Comment: Even in writing, it means nothing

I booked a 4 night stay at the Hilton in Reykjavik , Iceland .

I was told by US operator that if I paid for 3 nights I would get the 4th for free, I asked for an email confirmation of that offer but was told that all I had to do was mention the AUTUMN01 code upon arrival in Iceland and the Hilton hotel there would deduct one night from the bill.

I trusted Hilton , since I am a Hilton Hhonors member and never had any problems.

When I checked in at Hilton KEF or Reykjavik I was told that I had to pay for all 4 nights since they did not know anything about the AUTUMN01 rate of , " Pay for 3 and get one free "

I complained to the GM Mr Harolldsson but he was trying to tell me that the 3 nights had been spread out over 4 , so it looked like I paid for 4 nights but actually only paid for 3 nights . MAKES SENSE ?? not to me . I was pissed and I was lucky that I had sent an email to Hilton Hhonors to inquire about hotel parking facilities and I included a price quote for my 3 nights . It came a few days late , but I have it and I am now paying $433 instead of $ 600. Yes the Hilton tried to ripp me off , for the amount of $ 167 .

Beware of " FREE NIGHTS " get everything in writing before confirming , they will scam you just to get your money. Also the operator stated that GYM AND SAUNA was available for free , sounded great right ?? IT WAS NOT FREE , it was $ 36 , THIRTYSIX DOLLARS pr day . Nice try Hilton , but I learned my lesson and hope you will too.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING BEFORE CONFIRMING OR PAYING

EL VIKINGO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HILTON-HOTEL/carrollton-Texas-75006/HILTON-HOTEL-HILTON-HOTEL-AUTUMN01-Special-carrollton-Texas-504885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HILTON HOTEL

HILTON HOTEL AUTUMN SPECIAL

AUTHOR: EL VIKINGO - (USA)

AFTER A LOT OF GOING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN HILTON HOTEL CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND SENDING LETTERS TO THE TEXAS STATE ATTORNEY AND THE BBB OF DALLAS I FINALLY GOT A RESOLUTION TO THE COMPLAINT.
MR RIDER , SUPERVISOR OF CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE HILTON HOTEL , OFFERED ME A 1 NIGHT REFUND AND 3 NIGHTS IN CERTIFICATES TO STAY IN ANY HILTON , ANYTIME INCLUDING TAX . I AM HAPPY . IT PAYS TO LET THE AGENCIES OVERSEEING LOCAL BUSINESSES KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE AN OBVIOUS VIOLATION .
EL VIKINGO

#2 General Comment

Even in writing, it means nothing

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

If it's printed off the internet, they just say the internet is wrong.  This happened to me at another hotel.  When I brought in the confirmation printed out from the web site, they told me the site is wrong.