Complaint Review: HIT Web Design

• Updated: Thu, September 17, 2009

• Reported By: Screwed Former Employee — Provo Utah USA
HIT Web Design
1460 N. Moonriver Drive Provo, Utah United States of America

HIT Web Design Heritage Web Solutions THIS COMPANY TREATS THEIR EMPLOYEES JUST LIKE THEY THEIR CUSTOMERS Provo, Utah

* : former employees

* : former employees

* : More Lies and Cover up From Heritage

* : I'M SO UPSET WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP

* : HIT Values Its Employees

Being a former employee of "HIT Web Design" or "Heritage" or "We are going to SCREW you if you sign up with us".  I would stay away from doing business with this company.  They claim they care about the customers, they do not even know what customer service is, they understand that as well as they know how to even run a business.  I hated working there the pressure of having to hit a certain goal everyday (dollar goal), having a psychotic serial killer for a supervisor saying "make sure you gather the customers content and move them through the process".  Then he realized we were not going to hit our goal and then saying "only outbound calls from this point on, pitch on every call, get their money whatever it takes".  Once they have your money, you will never see it again.  I would get in trouble if I helped customers with any type of problem.  I remember having to call a customer that just signed up for our wonderful service, thinking to myself "you have no idea what is about to hit you, the money that will leave your bank account, the problems you will have with us, I would have said something to them but the phone calls are recorded.  It is all about selling you everything and anything, even if the customer didn't need it.  You might sign up for $199.00, but I am telling you it will cost 10 times that amount once you get out of the sales department.  I did not realize this but the employees also have to sign there ironclad TOS.  That word "TOS" should be the new swear word in the English vocabulary, the would not give me the commission I earned on my last pay check, WHAT THE F$%^.  I have contacted a local news station in Salt Lake City, they seem really interested in my story and I will go through with this, I want to see there faces when a news crew comes rolling in the doors.  My Father is also an attorney, I told him what happened, he is getting with his colleagues and looking into this further.  I will keep everyone posted.  I guess it's great I live in Provo, Utah so I can sue them on their own turf.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIT-Web-Design/Provo-Utah-84604/HIT-Web-Design-Heritage-Web-Solutions-THIS-COMPANY-TREATS-THEIR-EMPLOYEES-JUST-LIKE-THEY-T-489257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIT Web Design

#1

former employees

AUTHOR: Hit management - (U.S.A.)

I appreciate the comments above, I disagree with some, but I appreciate the heart. I am a member of the management team, not Mr. Stone (retired). I have taken on the responsibility of reviewing the accounts who feel they have been mistreated, and who post on Rip-Off or any other complaint board I can find. It makes me feel a bit better knowing that my efforts are seen.

I honestly attempt to do the fair thing when ever a decision is placed before me. I have worked hard to find a way to work with customers who feel they have been mistreated. That is certainly not the way HIT wants to do business, and yes, we are working hard to change that tide.

HIT recognizes that, although the percentage is low, the upset customers we have are too many. For me, one would be too many. I sincerely hope that customers, and employees, feel as though they can contact me and I will work hard to find an amicable resolution. However, I think Murphy said it best when he said, 'If you try and please all the people all the time, someone won't like it.'

As for our BBB standing: I invite you to review our record with the Better Business Bureau. We have worked with more than 15,000 clients and in the entire company history, have had less than 1% of our clients complain to the BBB. We are even more proud of the fact that Heritage has been able to resolve every registered BBB complaint.

Again, I invite anyone to contact me. I am willing to work to find a resolution to the concerns you have. I have helped many customers find a happy ending. I am more than happy to help when and where I can.

#2

former employees

QCA@hitwebdesign.com or CEO@hitwebdesign.com.

My personal promise to you is that HIT Web Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.

Warmest Regards,

Quality Control Administrator

#3

More Lies and Cover up From Heritage

AUTHOR: Former employee - (U.S.A.)

I want to address the 'HIT Management' post above. If you notice, it's written really well, much different from the other person posting as HIT management, with none of the different sized texts, misspellings or strange words used by the other person. This tells me that your complaints, customers, are making an impact and Brad Stone (most likely anyway) is taking notice of this site again and trying to combat the negative press.

I want to address their false statements. One thing, they say they have emphasized honesty and integrity to customers and fellow associates. Well, lip service is just that. The proof is in what you put out. If you have this many upset customers, something is wrong. I keep hearing, "Every large company has complaints", yes that is true. But Heritage is NOT a large company. They are a rather small company by the standards of business in this country. Are they a large web design company? Yeah, that's probably true too, but the volume of complaints is only watered down by the volume of customer churn you have. To put this in perspective, most customers that Heritage has are internet newbies, people who don't know enough to complain online. So the complaints you see online are probably less than 10% of the upset customers they have. I know this from many years experience as a business person, and is only common sense.

This person furthermore says that some who fail to meet their high standards are asked to leave. Wow. If your standards are all that high, seems to me you wouldn't have so many complaints or upset customers. Furthermore, how dare you attack ex-employees with the statement that they are spreading lies and slander. A statement is only slander if it isn't true. From everything that is posted online about your practices how could all these ex-employees be lying?

Even the BBB, an unreliable source of information about a business due to their business model is trying to distance themselves from you. The BBB gives Heritage a C- rating and refuses to issue accreditation to HIT.

Look, even Walmart, a massive, multi-billion dollar company that has millions of customers doesn't have as many complaints as HIT. Doesn't this tell you something?

Finally, if a customer has serious doubts about any ex-employees statements or feels that they may be untrue due to not leaving identifying information about themselves, let me point out a few things.

1. Ripoffreport.com does not allow any ex-employee of any company to identify themselves. You can't post email, names, phone numbers, etc. or your post will not be published. So much for the cowardice theory.

2. Even if you could post identifying names, HIT Web Design, a.k.a. Heritage Web Solutions would have their legal team involve you in a lawsuit for slander. How many people do you know can afford a team of lawyers to combat this? No doubt in the end any ex-employee would win any suit if they were telling the truth, but who could afford to be involved in that? Missing work for hearings, spending money on lawyers, just imagine the cost to an individual.

I'd say that HIT is pretty worried about all these complaints or they wouldn't suddenly be responding to them after a gap of quite some time. Hopefully they'll be worried enough to change the way they do things.

#4

I'M SO UPSET WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP

AUTHOR: Camila - (USA)

Hi, I too was a recent victim and fell prey to this scam.  I am a single mom and I'm more than 1100 in the hole.  Plus, no income coming in from this nightmare.

I've been told not to file a charge back or dispute.  I have also been threatened that I would have to pay $200 every time I figh to get any portion of my money back.  Two and a half months later no logo design and nothing but lies and more lies and intimations that I'm one that breached the contractual time.  When in fact, I had and have been more than patient when they lost my content and resend it and again and again they never could find it etc., etc.,

They could never answer my calls and to this point never have finished the logo design.  The work has been poor with the exception of one lady "the designer" who was very professional.  But, the rest has been a nightmare.  I go by the alias of "cammpups" or "livid in AZ".

I have filed a dispute as I am very concerned that they have my check information and can withdraw money.  At this point I'm asking them that I want something to show for my money and that they at the very least should let me walk away with all of my content my domain name ... and they can keep the money for the logo in exchange for the hostessing fee of a year and walk away.... At this point I dont' know what will take place.  Please advice as to what I can do(((ROR REDACTED)))

#5

HIT Values Its Employees

AUTHOR: Hit management - (U.S.A.)

Since its inception, HIT Web Design has emphasized honesty and integrity, both to our customers and to our fellow associates. Being honest in our business dealings is paramount to our success and has helped Heritage Internet Technologies become one of the fast growing privately held businesses in the country.

As a company with more than 200 full time employees and nearly 300 independent contractors, glitches and problems will sometimes arise, but we are optimistic about our future. Our employees are committed to working hard for our customers. Those who fail to meet the high standards we have set are asked to leave. Naturally, some of those terminated employees have chosen to take the lower road and post slanderous, defamatory and untrue statements.  The reader should keep in mind that complaints are posted anonymously with no contact information provided by the poster.  All we can say is that we wish all of our ex-employees the best in their new careers and hope the poster will be more respectful to his/her new employer.   All of our employees and contractors have been and will continue to be fully compensated for the work they perform.

HIT Web Design is a successful company that has been recognized by such organizations as Entrepreneur Magazine and Inc 500, and is ranked in the top 500 of privately held companies nationwide. If you have a concern, please contact me personally, and I will resolve it.