Complaint Review: HLD Grant Helper - granthelporder.com

• Updated: Wed, February 03, 2010

• Reported By:Kemp Texas
HLD Grant Helper - granthelporder.com
www.granthelporder.com Internet Saint Kitts and Nevis

HLD Grant Helper - granthelporder.com Debited $150.00 in charges to my account Charlestown, Saint Kitts Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: granthelporder.com NOT granthelper.com

What it was, was a program that was advertised to provide a CD-Rom that would assist me in acquiring Government Grants for business capital. This program was to be sent free of charge if I paid the shipping charges of $3.95. I gave my credit card number for that purpose and understood that to be all. The word FREE was used in the advertisement.

My bank account reflects the following three charges from HLD*GrantHelper.com 888-662-8762:

3/9/2009 - $3.95
3/18/2009 - $74.95
4/20/2009 - $74.95

The last two charges was never authorized nor did I understand that there was any additional charges AND I to this day, do not know what that money was supposed to be paying for. I only agreed to the initial debit of $3.95. I will outline my activities on these charges for your information.

3/19/2009 - I called to inquire on the $74.95 charge of the previous day and expressed my dissatisfaction and was told that they apologized for the inconvenience and would set up a credit immediately and told me that I should expect a 3-5 day delay on seeing the money in my account. I waited a full week and called them again and they apologized again and told me that they would send a message to their U.S. subsidiary who handled refunds and tell them to rush the refund. I waited another week or so and begin calling every day or two, and was told the same thing, that they were sorry for the delay. Finally on 4/19/2009 I was totally flustered and called again and was screaming at this point because no matter what I said, they would never allow me to talk to a supervisor, but this time the person on the other end of the line told me that they had experienced a computer problem (GREAT - ANOTHER LIE I WAS SOON TO FIND OUT), and that they were going to do a manual refund that I should see in my account in the next 24 hours. (REMEMBER the date was 4/19/2009). The next day on 4/20/2009, sure enough....they did something alright, they debited yet another $74.95 from my account instead of crediting. Now for the last three weeks, I have been going through the same call processes every few days with my last call being this afternoon and I told them that they did nothing but lie to me and I did not want to hear that the refund was being processed. They told me things like, what else do you want us to do, and that I could not speak to a supervisor, and that they would not give me the phone number to their US subsidiary, and there was nothing more they could do. They suggested that I give them 7-10 days to process the refund, but we know that will not happen.

James
Kemp, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2009 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HLD-Grant-Helper-granthelpordercom/internet/HLD-Grant-Helper-granthelpordercom-Debited-15000-in-charges-to-my-account-Charlestown-454990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HLD Grant Helper - granthelporder.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

granthelporder.com NOT granthelper.com

AUTHOR: Granthelper - (United States of America)

I have received hundreds of phone calls over the past year and now my company domain, www.granthelper.com, is listed on various internet complaint boards erroneously, including Rip Off Report. It is NOT granthelper.com offering these CDs. The offending domain is www.granthelporder.com  I am a one woman consulting shop, a Certified Fund Raising Executive, President of my Chapter of American Association of Grant Professionals, and bound by the ethical standards of various professional organizations. A google search on granthelper now shows these various complaints and it is an undeserved negative reflection on my company. I will probably have to dissolve a business that I have carefully built for years. PLEASE TAKE CARE TO ENTER DOMAIN NAMES APPEARING ON YOUR BANK & CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS PROPERLY as these complaint board sites are apparently not willing to take their responsibilities seriously and refuse to delete these false accusations.