Complaint Review: HMS Movies

HMS Movies
www.hotmoviesale.com Internet United States of America

HMS Movies HMS MOVIES 866-566-8437 FL offered cheap introductory offer Internet

* : other names

A Miscellaneous Transaction for "$19.95 from "HMS MOVIES 866-566-8437 FL" appeared on my bank statement.  I had ordered an instructional blues guitar DVD called "50 Blues Guitar Licks" at a special "introductory offer" of "$3.95.  I received immediate confirmation that my order had been received but the item was "back-ordered."  I recevied one of these notices per week for a month.

Then, I received a notice the item had been cancelled.  Next, in checking my bank statement, I noticed a $19.95 charge.  When I called, I was told this was a "membership fee" which was apparently outlined in the fine print.  This was non-refundable if not cancelled AFTER a 30-day period!  Ironically, 30 days is just about exactly what it took for HMS to notify me that the item I ordered had been cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2009 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HMS-Movies/internet/HMS-Movies-HMS-MOVIES-866-566-8437-FL-offered-cheap-introductory-offer-Internet-497952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HMS Movies

#1

other names

AUTHOR: Tom - (Virgin Islands (US))

This is NOT a "rebuttal" but that's the only option I was given.  I just wanted to say that, apparently, "HMS Movies" also does business as BestBrandValues.  I cancelled my membership today and did receive email confirmation from "BestBrandMovies" of that transaction.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC