Complaint Review: HNS*HughesNet

• Updated: Sun, October 30, 2011

• Reported By: Cityfolk — fallbrook California United States of America
HNS*HughesNet

HNS*HughesNet HugesNet A fruad company masking as an internet provider Internet

HughesNet is a fraudulent company masking as an internet service provider. I have suffered four years of extremely poor internet quality, poor ground service and bad customer service. My vacation home installed area WIFI in February 2011 and the need for the RIP OFF artists, HughesNet, was over. It was a happy day for the home owners.

After paying for years for poor everything, it was a pleasure to call them and cancel my service. Of course my service contact was an Indian outsourcing company as usual. Theyre good at opening trouble files but nothing else. I could not get the service agent to understand he could not send the equipment return box to my vacation address because I have no mail service. He could not understand the problem even though HughesNet had my regular home address.

A couple months transpired and I got a charge for $319.80 for not returning the equipment. I explained the situation with my credit card company and they refused the charge. Later I received a threatening letter stating they will send me to a collection. I called HughesNet and they opened another trouble file for this problem. I am still waiting for my equipment box but I was notified this week by Joseph, Mann and Creed that my amount was in formal collection.

The bottom line is, they dont want the old equipment back and would rather charge you for the deposit amount. The old equipment is valueless and cost money to transport and destroy. They assume most people will pay versus fighting the bill. I am sending letters to the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General of California and the Attorney Generals Office of the United States. Until we can get them or a lawyers willing to do a class action suit, HugesNet will continue to commit fraud without punishment. Please follow my advice and send letters to your representatives. STOP the CRIMINALS-

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2011 11:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HNSHughesNet/internet/HNSHughesNet-HugesNet-A-fruad-company-masking-as-an-internet-provider-Internet-793515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HNS*HughesNet