Complaint Review: HOBBYTRON.COM - AMAZING TOYS, TOYRIFFIC

• Submitted: Sat, January 17, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 17, 2009

• Reported By:Andrews Texas
HOBBYTRON.COM - AMAZING TOYS, TOYRIFFIC
525 PARK AVE San Fernando, California U.S.A.

HOBBYTRON.COM - AMAZING TOYS, TOYRIFFIC Charged my credit card, kept order in holding 8 days (I canceled order after 2nd day), sent no replies or emails, then sent me an email that item was shipping, provided a tracking number, I rejected order when it arrived, They will not answer phones, send emails that cannot be replied to, have a live chat that stays offline most of the time, if you do manage to get thru to live chat, there isnt fo San Fernando California

I decided to write my report in RipOff Reports after reading over 18 complaints against this company. I have spent countless hours trying to obtain a refund, researching the company, finally filing a "dispute claim" with my credit card company.

These are the actual things that happened/involved me during the order I placed with hobbytron. I have hopes that Ripoff Reports will help me obtain some valid email addresses for hobbytron(I have asked in a seperate letter. Ripoff Reports is the one website that will let you actually "vent" about a seller and at the same time ring out a warning to future would be buyers.

Here is my story in detail

I rejected my order from UPS when it arrived (label was marked from Toyriffic, If I had not known nor been expecting it, it would have been accepted and would have presented an even bigger problem. Hobbytron has three to four methods you can supposedly reach them by, a phone number which is never answered, email that is never replied to, emails they do rarely send but have a blind address, ie if you reply to the email it gets returned to you, they also have a live chat on the website that is never online and if you do get to chat they tell you they will check into your problem, but you never hear from them. Finally they have an inhouse email whereby you log into their website and send them information or requests, again never answered.

After rejecting the canceled package (canceled on 2nd day of the the 8 days they sat on the order), no reply on that either, I filed a dispute claim with my credit card company and sent them their in house email, they replied I would be charged $50 for the paperwork (hobbytron said this, not the credit card company)

I have read over 19 complaints just on RipOff Reports, and my paperwork to the credit card company included 16 pages of emails I had sent without a reply, wish I had seen the ripoff report also, could have used that.

So I am waiting

Raenelle and Roy
Andrews, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2009 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOBBYTRONCOM-AMAZING-TOYS-TOYRIFFIC/San-Fernando-California-91340/HOBBYTRONCOM-AMAZING-TOYS-TOYRIFFIC-Charged-my-credit-card-kept-order-in-holding-8-da-413317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOBBYTRON.COM - AMAZING TOYS, TOYRIFFIC